Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] RE: Is it just me....

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 30, 2013
      Developers can be um, operating with less than full empathy for those who USE as system.
      And, of course, management & marketing seem to feel that no upgrades (to a perfectly fine product) mean stasis and DEATH.
      =sympathy!=

      Hopefully y'all will sort it out.

      I'm having enough fun with muscle memory where geocaching.com moved the Log It button! No, I *don't* want to see the gallery; AUGH!!!!!

      -B

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 30, 2013
        I usually just read and grin or keep my opinion to myself since I am still fairly new to the geocaching world. Working in the IT industry I find the fact that the search in Hide and Seek is or and not and. It is just a simple change in code so that we could put a zip or distance AND a starts with. But messing with the Log It button is way more important since we have Pocket Queries. Sometimes though you just want to find something quick on the Hide and Seek.

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 30, 2013
          Interface sociology is always fascinating.
          The way a database is structured says a lot about the designer (or can)... and, yes, the way *WE* approach a search routine....
          heh heh

          And I'm not COMPLAINING, just observing.
          [A little complaining at myself for not rewriting mental code faster, of course, but that's allowed.]

          What's your handle, Judy?

          BarbJ = SQA retired but still opinionated (wink!) = Tygress

          I usually just read and grin or keep my opinion to myself since I am still fairly new to the geocaching world. Working in the IT industry I find the fact that the search in Hide and Seek is or and not and. It is just a simple change in code so that we could put a zip or distance AND a starts with. But messing with the Log It button is way more important since we have Pocket Queries. Sometimes though you just want to find something quick on the Hide and Seek.

          Extended Stay America
          Get Fantastic Amenities, low rates! Kitchen, Ample Workspace, Free WIFI
          extendedstayamerica.com