Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Is it just me....

  • Victor Engel
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2013
      Same here. I guess I need to, though, since I moderate some forums.

      On 8/29/13, gumbietygress@... <gumbietygress@...> wrote:
      > It all looks like email to me... I don't access it via the group function.
      > BarbJ =no particular opinion= Tygress

    • semperquestio
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2013

        I come here instead cuz I absolutely HATE having to wade through a bunch of emails.  So I can come here and scan through the posts instead of having to deal with a jacked up inbox or building yet more filters..

        --- In centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <brillig@...> wrote:

        Same here. I guess I need to, though, since I moderate some forums.

        On 8/29/13, gumbietygress@... <gumbietygress@...> wrote:
        > It all looks like email to me... I don't access it via the group function.
        > BarbJ =no particular opinion= Tygress

      • Vicki L. Almstrum
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 29, 2013
          They seem to be doing a phased introduction. I was in the midst of moderating a busy list earlier today when suddenly -- whoosh!! -- the format changed and I could no longer do 90% of what I generally do as a moderator.

          Clicking on the "feedback" option at the left, there were THOUSANDS of complaints expressing the same strong disappointment. I was amused at one Yahoo! response that "this was the first modernization in years ..." -- too bad they missed the step of understanding and incorporating use cases for the moderators!!

          -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang and moderator for far too many groups!!)

          > Or does anyone else hate this new group format?
          > I guess Yahoo figures if they can't beat Google by being different, they'll
          > try looking kinda the same.
        • Victor Engel
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2013

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 30, 2013
              Developers can be um, operating with less than full empathy for those who USE as system.
              And, of course, management & marketing seem to feel that no upgrades (to a perfectly fine product) mean stasis and DEATH.
              =sympathy!=

              Hopefully y'all will sort it out.

              I'm having enough fun with muscle memory where geocaching.com moved the Log It button! No, I *don't* want to see the gallery; AUGH!!!!!

              -B

              They seem to be doing a phased introduction. I was in the midst of moderating a busy list earlier today when suddenly -- whoosh!! -- the format changed and I could no longer do 90% of what I generally do as a moderator.

              Clicking on the "feedback" option at the left, there were THOUSANDS of complaints expressing the same strong disappointment. I was amused at one Yahoo! response that "this was the first modernization in years ..." -- too bad they missed the step of understanding and incorporating use cases for the moderators!!

              -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang and moderator for far too many groups!!)

              > Or does anyone else hate this new group format?
              > I guess Yahoo figures if they can't beat Google by being different, they'll
              > try looking kinda the same.

              One Weird Trick
              Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify…
              newsmax.com
            • Judy Barber
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 30, 2013
                I usually just read and grin or keep my opinion to myself since I am still fairly new to the geocaching world. Working in the IT industry I find the fact that the search in Hide and Seek is or and not and. It is just a simple change in code so that we could put a zip or distance AND a starts with. But messing with the Log It button is way more important since we have Pocket Queries. Sometimes though you just want to find something quick on the Hide and Seek.

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 30, 2013
                  Interface sociology is always fascinating.
                  The way a database is structured says a lot about the designer (or can)... and, yes, the way *WE* approach a search routine....
                  heh heh

                  And I'm not COMPLAINING, just observing.
                  [A little complaining at myself for not rewriting mental code faster, of course, but that's allowed.]

                  What's your handle, Judy?

                  BarbJ = SQA retired but still opinionated (wink!) = Tygress

                  I usually just read and grin or keep my opinion to myself since I am still fairly new to the geocaching world. Working in the IT industry I find the fact that the search in Hide and Seek is or and not and. It is just a simple change in code so that we could put a zip or distance AND a starts with. But messing with the Log It button is way more important since we have Pocket Queries. Sometimes though you just want to find something quick on the Hide and Seek.

                  Extended Stay America
                  Get Fantastic Amenities, low rates! Kitchen, Ample Workspace, Free WIFI
                  extendedstayamerica.com