RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Cache of the Week

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
      There is another approach up the creek ... the new parking coords reflect this.

      From: "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Cache of the Week
      Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:16:02 -0000

      Time to pick another Cache of the Week.  Let me know ASAP as I guess this was supposed to be done yesterday.

      EWB - Tom

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

      30-second trick for a flat belly
      TheFatBurningHormone.com

      One Weird Trick
      Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify…
      newsmax.com
    • Rick Blevins
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 27, 2013
        I'm glad to hear that Track Meet is accessible without trespassing.  I'd like to take some younger partners with me on this find, but didn't want to encourage them to ignore posted signs.  Thanks for that additional info on the other trails and parking.

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 27, 2013
          you're welcome.
          The property where the tracks are itself is owner unknown according to the city of Leander. Waterweasel carefully sussed out property before creating the cache.
          However, for peace of mind, especially these dry days, go up the creek. You might find more prints!

          BarbJ/Tygress

          I'm glad to hear that Track Meet is accessible without trespassing.  I'd like to take some younger partners with me on this find, but didn't want to encourage them to ignore posted signs.  Thanks for that additional info on the other trails and parking.

          Rick

          While it has been several years since I was at this cache, as I recall the ‘No Trespassing” sign is for the property adjacent to the trail not for the trail down to the river and hence the cache. The trail down to the river is rather well developed with steps and rails in places as well as erosion control features; it is obviously not a geotrail down to the river. The trail is also obviously much older than the cache. If the sign applied to the trail I would think that it would be placed near the trail head at the parking spot and there would likely be a fence across the trail. Also if it only applied to the trail from the top of the cliff down to the river there would also likely be a fence across the trail at that point with the sign in the middle of the trail. This was not the case when I was there; so unless it has changed I suspect that no one has a problem with people going down to the river on this trail. The confusion might arise from the manner in which this sign is attached to the post. Traditionally a No Trespassing sign faces directly away from the property to which it applies, yet as I recall this sign while clearly on a post that is beside the trail it faces more away from the river rather than away from the property adjacent to the trail.

          --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
          |+| Georgetown, TX USA

          The problem with Track Meet is that the entry to it is posted that you are not supposed to go there.

          Time to pick another Cache of the Week.  Let me know ASAP as I guess this was supposed to be done yesterday.

          EWB - Tom

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          BlackBerry® 10
          Get the latest details on the new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
          BlackBerry.com