Cache of the Week

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
      Time to pick another Cache of the Week. Let me know ASAP as I guess this was supposed to be done yesterday.

      EWB - Tom
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
        How about CTU -- Sieder Springs Fling?

        Russ the Waterweasel

        Time to pick another Cache of the Week. Let me know ASAP as I guess this was supposed to be done yesterday.

        EWB - Tom

      • s6sputnik
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
          Second that!

          Shawn/S6sputnik

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
            GC1RZM5 Track Meet?

            come on! Dinosaurs!

            Time to pick another Cache of the Week.  Let me know ASAP as I guess this was supposed to be done yesterday.

            EWB - Tom

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

            30-second trick for a flat belly
            TheFatBurningHormone.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
              Aww shucks, Guys!!!

              Barb =blushing= Tygress

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
                The problem with Track Meet is that the entry to it is posted that you are not supposed to go there.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
                  Indeed. I took the family out to visit the tracks a month ago and discovered scary-looking "private property no trespassing" signs at the trailhead at the top of the hill. However, it it easy to park in the median on 183 and take the trail down to the riverbed, then follow the river west to the tracks. This approach is a longer walk, but is much easier on the knees since there's very little elevation change…

                  From: Rick Blevins <chemistrb@...>
                  Date: Monday, August 26, 2013 7:17 PM
                  To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013

                    Rick,

                    While it has been several years since I was at this cache, as I recall the ‘No Trespassing” sign is for the property adjacent to the trail not for the trail down to the river and hence the cache. The trail down to the river is rather well developed with steps and rails in places as well as erosion control features; it is obviously not a geotrail down to the river. The trail is also obviously much older than the cache. If the sign applied to the trail I would think that it would be placed near the trail head at the parking spot and there would likely be a fence across the trail. Also if it only applied to the trail from the top of the cliff down to the river there would also likely be a fence across the trail at that point with the sign in the middle of the trail. This was not the case when I was there; so unless it has changed I suspect that no one has a problem with people going down to the river on this trail. The confusion might arise from the manner in which this sign is attached to the post. Traditionally a No Trespassing sign faces directly away from the property to which it applies, yet as I recall this sign while clearly on a post that is beside the trail it faces more away from the river rather than away from the property adjacent to the trail.

                    --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 26, 2013
                      There is another approach up the creek ... the new parking coords reflect this.

                      While it has been several years since I was at this cache, as I recall the ‘No Trespassing” sign is for the property adjacent to the trail not for the trail down to the river and hence the cache. The trail down to the river is rather well developed with steps and rails in places as well as erosion control features; it is obviously not a geotrail down to the river. The trail is also obviously much older than the cache. If the sign applied to the trail I would think that it would be placed near the trail head at the parking spot and there would likely be a fence across the trail. Also if it only applied to the trail from the top of the cliff down to the river there would also likely be a fence across the trail at that point with the sign in the middle of the trail. This was not the case when I was there; so unless it has changed I suspect that no one has a problem with people going down to the river on this trail. The confusion might arise from the manner in which this sign is attached to the post. Traditionally a No Trespassing sign faces directly away from the property to which it applies, yet as I recall this sign while clearly on a post that is beside the trail it faces more away from the river rather than away from the property adjacent to the trail.

                      --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
                      |+| Georgetown, TX USA

                      The problem with Track Meet is that the entry to it is posted that you are not supposed to go there.

                      Time to pick another Cache of the Week.  Let me know ASAP as I guess this was supposed to be done yesterday.

                      EWB - Tom

                      <*> Your email settings:
                         Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                         (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:

                      30-second trick for a flat belly
                      TheFatBurningHormone.com

                      One Weird Trick
                      Could add $1,000s to Your Social Security Checks! See if you Qualify…
                      newsmax.com
                    • Rick Blevins
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 27, 2013
                        I'm glad to hear that Track Meet is accessible without trespassing.  I'd like to take some younger partners with me on this find, but didn't want to encourage them to ignore posted signs.  Thanks for that additional info on the other trails and parking.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 27, 2013
                          you're welcome.
                          The property where the tracks are itself is owner unknown according to the city of Leander. Waterweasel carefully sussed out property before creating the cache.
                          However, for peace of mind, especially these dry days, go up the creek. You might find more prints!

                          BarbJ/Tygress

                          I'm glad to hear that Track Meet is accessible without trespassing.  I'd like to take some younger partners with me on this find, but didn't want to encourage them to ignore posted signs.  Thanks for that additional info on the other trails and parking.

                          Rick

                          While it has been several years since I was at this cache, as I recall the ‘No Trespassing” sign is for the property adjacent to the trail not for the trail down to the river and hence the cache. The trail down to the river is rather well developed with steps and rails in places as well as erosion control features; it is obviously not a geotrail down to the river. The trail is also obviously much older than the cache. If the sign applied to the trail I would think that it would be placed near the trail head at the parking spot and there would likely be a fence across the trail. Also if it only applied to the trail from the top of the cliff down to the river there would also likely be a fence across the trail at that point with the sign in the middle of the trail. This was not the case when I was there; so unless it has changed I suspect that no one has a problem with people going down to the river on this trail. The confusion might arise from the manner in which this sign is attached to the post. Traditionally a No Trespassing sign faces directly away from the property to which it applies, yet as I recall this sign while clearly on a post that is beside the trail it faces more away from the river rather than away from the property adjacent to the trail.

                          --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
                          |+| Georgetown, TX USA

                          The problem with Track Meet is that the entry to it is posted that you are not supposed to go there.

                          Time to pick another Cache of the Week.  Let me know ASAP as I guess this was supposed to be done yesterday.

                          EWB - Tom

                          <*> Your email settings:
                             Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                             (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:

                          BlackBerry® 10
                          Get the latest details on the new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
                          BlackBerry.com