Re: Milestones!

  • A
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 19 11:24 PM
      Christa - congrats on reaching 500! I hit 500 myself on 7/3 and feel the same way you do. I remember almost every cache in detail, who I was with (mostly my daughter), what the weather was like etc.
      Its a great game!

      Amy (GS589)

      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 20 5:56 AM
        Congrats to you, too, Amy!
        (is barneycats your handle? I have a very squiffy memory for names *le sigh*)

        BarbJ/Tygress

        Christa - congrats on reaching 500! I hit 500 myself on 7/3 and feel the same way you do. I remember almost every cache in detail, who I was with (mostly my daughter), what the weather was like etc.
        Its a great game!

        Amy (GS589)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

        > Added to the website?   I used 8/15, no specific date given! :)
        >
        > Congrat!  Cache on! :)
        >

        > On Aug 15, 2013, at 01:25 PM, Cacherats! <cacherats1@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I am always amazed at the high milestones and I want congratulate everyone who reached theirs this month. That being said, I'm pretty proud to say that we reached a goal of ours last week: 500 finds.  It seems so small compared to thousands found, but each one that we've found has a special meaning for me, mostly because it was with my kids.  When we hit the milestone I went  back to look at some of the pictures from our first finds and the boys were so little!  And it wasn't all that long ago when we started. They have asked me what my favorite find has been out of the 500 and I honestly can't say because even the "special" ones have been numerous!   (Although defeating Dark Lord Sauron does stand out a bit more!)
        > >
        > > The best advice I received from this group was early on...(I don't remember who said it)...It was that everyone plays the game how they choose to play it so don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Just have fun and be safe.   We live by that rule every time we cache.
        > >
        > > Christa
        > > (Mom of the Cacherats!)
        > >

        > > On 8/15/2013 12:26 PM, Greg Jewett wrote:
        > >>
        > >> Regardless, please make sure to post your milestones, where you got it the milestone and such (as much data as possible) and I will get it up on the website.  I promise to get better about doing this!  -- I have lots of catchup work to do�)
        > >>

        > >> Greg Jewett
        > >> Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
        > >> (512) 627-7290
        > >> geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
        > >> http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
        > >> http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
        > >> Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

      • Cacherats!
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 20 9:06 AM

          Thanks, Amy!  We have really loved playing.  I'm sad that school is starting because we don't get to go as much during the school year.  Congrats to you on you 500!   And best wishes for many more!!
          Christa