Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] ] What is the best navigation map/gpsr for Galaxy 4 phone?

  • Mike Detlefsen
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 19, 2013
      OK. I misunderstood.

      I did finally find a button for sending the cache location from Geosphere to the Google maps app. It was buried in the Bookmarks section and not in the Navigation section. Very strange. I had to spend a lot of time on the Geosphere support forums to find this info. Fortunately, you can then add the option to the individual cache info page, which is much more logical.

      Mike
      jmd65

      On 19 Aug 2013, at 15:52 , Greg Jewett wrote:

      I was talking about the pin placement with 1/10" mile circle.  Not driving directions.   The latest Google maps has driving directions.
      On Aug 18, 2013, at 12:40 PM, Mike Detlefsen <mdmeleagro945@...> wrote:

      How do you get Geosphere to do driving directions? I've been all through the program and haven't found it yet. Lack of that feature is one of the main things keeps me on an Android phone.

      I used the previous version of Geosphere for several years before going to the Android platform.

      Mike

      On 18 Aug 2013, at 12:24 , Greg Jewett wrote:

      Esther --

      There is a couple of really good iPhone apps for Geocaching that do just that.  Since cacheSense is a 3rd party product - developed outside of Geocaching.com, they can add any number of features that they want.   So -- there are other apps for the iPhone that allow you to do this as well, check them out:

      • Geosphere (highly recommended)
      • iGeoCacher
      • iGCT
      • GCTools