Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] felling slightly jipped

  • Greg Jewett
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 18 7:03 AM

      Alas!

      I too was expecting two - but received a combo!  Oh well!  I did end up with two at the end of the day - because I was virtually attending the Geocaching.com Block Party.   I was tweeting and Instragraming and participating in the hour long event.  It was fun!    Even strontium87 was there and I was envying her from the bits and bytes of my virtual presence! :)

      On Aug 17, 2013, at 07:01 PM, Shawnolsen@... wrote:

      Bill I'll second that...I nearly wrote here ranting a couple of hours ago!!!

      feeling jipped 2,

      S6sputnik/Shawn

      In a message dated 8/17/2013 5:34:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time, zionzr2@... writes:

      I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day).  Turns out we only get one.  Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate souvenirs.

      Oh well. Life goes on!  There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to get elsewhere.

      /rant off/

      Happy Caching!

      --
      ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
      Bill
      a.k.a ZionZR2
      512-789-1469
      <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

    • Jay Bingham
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18 7:05 AM

        Maybe the souvenir  factory has a backlog, they have been cranking out a lot of souvenirs lately. ;-)

        --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
        |+| Georgetown , TX USA

        We found 20 on August 17 and didn't get any souvenirs at all. What happened?

        Matthew. Mda_taz

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

        > I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today
        > (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day). Turns out we only
        > get one. Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate
        > souvenirs.
        >
        > Oh well. Life goes on! There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to
        > get elsewhere.
        >
        > /rant off/
        >
        > Happy Caching!
        >

        > --
        > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
        > Bill
        > a.k.a ZionZR2
        > 512-789-1469
        > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

      • Jay Bingham
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18 7:35 AM

          Matthew,

          Have you checked in the last hour or so, I just took a look at your page and the souvenir for yesterday is there now. So I am sticking with my backlog theory.

          --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
          |+| Georgetown , TX USA

          Maybe the souvenir  factory has a backlog, they have been cranking out a lot of souvenirs lately. ;-)

          --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
          |+| Georgetown , TX USA

          We found 20 on August 17 and didn't get any souvenirs at all. What happened?

          Matthew. Mda_taz

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

          > I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today
          > (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day). Turns out we only
          > get one. Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate
          > souvenirs.
          >
          > Oh well. Life goes on! There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to
          > get elsewhere.
          >
          > /rant off/
          >
          > Happy Caching!
          >

          > --
          > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          > Bill
          > a.k.a ZionZR2
          > 512-789-1469
          > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

        • RED
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18 10:29 AM
          • 1 Attachment
          • 127 KB
          It was a lot of fun! Got the APE cache this morning. Currently walkin back through the tunnel :). Glad you were able to be there I'm spirit.

          On Sunday, August 18, 2013, Greg Jewett wrote:

          Alas!

          I too was expecting two - but received a combo!  Oh well!  I did end up with two at the end of the day - because I was virtually attending the Geocaching.com Block Party.   I was tweeting and Instragraming and participating in the hour long event.  It was fun!    Even strontium87 was there and I was envying her from the bits and bytes of my virtual presence! :)

          On Aug 17, 2013, at 07:01 PM, Shawnolsen@... wrote:

          Bill I'll second that...I nearly wrote here ranting a couple of hours ago!!!

          feeling jipped 2,

          S6sputnik/Shawn

          In a message dated 8/17/2013 5:34:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time, zionzr2@... writes:

          I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day).  Turns out we only get one.  Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate souvenirs.

          Oh well. Life goes on!  There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to get elsewhere.

          /rant off/

          Happy Caching!

          --
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469

        • Matthew A
          Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18 1:27 PM
            I guess it took a while to update my page.

            Matthew