felling slightly jipped

  • Bill Ellis
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 17, 2013
      I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day).  Turns out we only get one.  Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate souvenirs.

      Oh well. Life goes on!  There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to get elsewhere.

      /rant off/

      Happy Caching!

      --
      ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
      Bill
      a.k.a ZionZR2
      512-789-1469
      <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    • s6sputnik
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 17, 2013

        Bill I'll second that...I nearly wrote here ranting a couple of hours ago!!!

        feeling jipped 2,

        S6sputnik/Shawn

        In a message dated 8/17/2013 5:34:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time, zionzr2@... writes:

        I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day).  Turns out we only get one.  Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate souvenirs.

        Oh well. Life goes on!  There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to get elsewhere.

        /rant off/

        Happy Caching!

        --
        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
        Bill
        a.k.a ZionZR2
        512-789-1469
        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

      • Matthew A
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
          We found 20 on August 17 and didn't get any souvenirs at all. What happened?

          Matthew. Mda_taz

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

          > I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today
          > (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day). Turns out we only
          > get one. Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate
          > souvenirs.
          >
          > Oh well. Life goes on! There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to
          > get elsewhere.
          >
          > /rant off/
          >
          > Happy Caching!
          >

          > --
          > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          > Bill
          > a.k.a ZionZR2
          > 512-789-1469
          > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

        • Shawn Olsen
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
            That's odd Matt, is your date off somehow?

            Shawn/s6

            On Aug 18, 2013, at 7:27 AM, "Matthew A" <matthewa625@...> wrote:

            We found 20 on August 17 and didn't get any souvenirs at all. What happened?

            Matthew. Mda_taz

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

            > I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today
            > (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day). Turns out we only
            > get one. Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate
            > souvenirs.
            >
            > Oh well. Life goes on! There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to
            > get elsewhere.
            >
            > /rant off/
            >
            > Happy Caching!
            >

            > --
            > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
            > Bill
            > a.k.a ZionZR2
            > 512-789-1469
            > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

          • Greg Jewett
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013

              Alas!

              I too was expecting two - but received a combo!  Oh well!  I did end up with two at the end of the day - because I was virtually attending the Geocaching.com Block Party.   I was tweeting and Instragraming and participating in the hour long event.  It was fun!    Even strontium87 was there and I was envying her from the bits and bytes of my virtual presence! :)

              On Aug 17, 2013, at 07:01 PM, Shawnolsen@... wrote:

              Bill I'll second that...I nearly wrote here ranting a couple of hours ago!!!

              feeling jipped 2,

              S6sputnik/Shawn

              In a message dated 8/17/2013 5:34:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time, zionzr2@... writes:

              I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day).  Turns out we only get one.  Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate souvenirs.

              Oh well. Life goes on!  There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to get elsewhere.

              /rant off/

              Happy Caching!

              --
              ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
              Bill
              a.k.a ZionZR2
              512-789-1469
              <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

            • Jay Bingham
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013

                Maybe the souvenir  factory has a backlog, they have been cranking out a lot of souvenirs lately. ;-)

                --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                We found 20 on August 17 and didn't get any souvenirs at all. What happened?

                Matthew. Mda_taz

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                > I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today
                > (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day). Turns out we only
                > get one. Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate
                > souvenirs.
                >
                > Oh well. Life goes on! There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to
                > get elsewhere.
                >
                > /rant off/
                >
                > Happy Caching!
                >

                > --
                > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                > Bill
                > a.k.a ZionZR2
                > 512-789-1469
                > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

              • Jay Bingham
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013

                  Matthew,

                  Have you checked in the last hour or so, I just took a look at your page and the souvenir for yesterday is there now. So I am sticking with my backlog theory.

                  --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                  |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                  Maybe the souvenir  factory has a backlog, they have been cranking out a lot of souvenirs lately. ;-)

                  --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                  |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                  We found 20 on August 17 and didn't get any souvenirs at all. What happened?

                  Matthew. Mda_taz

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                  > I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today
                  > (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day). Turns out we only
                  > get one. Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate
                  > souvenirs.
                  >
                  > Oh well. Life goes on! There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to
                  > get elsewhere.
                  >
                  > /rant off/
                  >
                  > Happy Caching!
                  >

                  > --
                  > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                  > Bill
                  > a.k.a ZionZR2
                  > 512-789-1469
                  > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                • RED
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
                  • 1 Attachment
                  • 127 KB
                  It was a lot of fun! Got the APE cache this morning. Currently walkin back through the tunnel :). Glad you were able to be there I'm spirit.

                  On Sunday, August 18, 2013, Greg Jewett wrote:

                  Alas!

                  I too was expecting two - but received a combo!  Oh well!  I did end up with two at the end of the day - because I was virtually attending the Geocaching.com Block Party.   I was tweeting and Instragraming and participating in the hour long event.  It was fun!    Even strontium87 was there and I was envying her from the bits and bytes of my virtual presence! :)

                  On Aug 17, 2013, at 07:01 PM, Shawnolsen@... wrote:

                  Bill I'll second that...I nearly wrote here ranting a couple of hours ago!!!

                  feeling jipped 2,

                  S6sputnik/Shawn

                  In a message dated 8/17/2013 5:34:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time, zionzr2@... writes:

                  I thought we were supposed to get 2 souvenirs for finding a cache today (one fore the streak and one for World Geocache day).  Turns out we only get one.  Its pulling double duty but I thought they would be separate souvenirs.

                  Oh well. Life goes on!  There's still plenty more caches and souvenirs to get elsewhere.

                  /rant off/

                  Happy Caching!

                  --
                  Bill
                  a.k.a ZionZR2
                  512-789-1469

                • Matthew A
                  Message 9 of 9 , Aug 18, 2013
                    I guess it took a while to update my page.

                    Matthew