Re: ] What is the best navigation map/gpsr for Galaxy 4 phone?

  • A
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
      I have an android phone and use c:geo. I like it for the most part.
      Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place accessible by car? It would be helpful for urban/neighborhood caches. I can put the coordinates into my car navigation system and get guidance that way, but its rather tedious to type in coordinates.

      Thanks
      Amy (GS589)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Denise Vajdak <denise.vajdak@...> wrote:

      > CacheSense also shows Munzees if you do those. 2 for 1 app. :-)
      >
      > Denise Vajdak
      > tx.ag/denise
      > On Aug 11, 2013 4:43 PM, "Esther Lopez" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Oh that Android app that Bill uses (CacheSense) has the COOLEST feature
      > > ever! It will draw a 1/10th for a mile radius circle around an existing
      > > cache to show if you can't place a cache. Man, I sure could use that
      > > feature! Too bad I have an iPhone!
      > > Bummer!!!!
      > > Esther/BGTx
      > >

      > > ------------------------------

    • Mike Detlefsen
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
        On 17 Aug 2013, at 14:25 , A wrote:

        > Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place accessible by car?

        GeOrg has a menu option to navigate to the cache by Google Navigation. I use it for most caches I go after.

        Mike
        jmd65
      • Bill Ellis
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013

          Cachesense has a menu option for driving directions it uses the google maps navigation. I use this feature to get me there then use the app's compas.

        • A
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
            I just figured out c:geo has the same option for driving navigation that I never noticed before. Thanks for the info.
            Amy (GS589)

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

            > Cachesense has a menu option for driving directions it uses the google maps
            > navigation. I use this feature to get me there then use the app's compas.
            > On Aug 17, 2013 2:26 PM, "A" <barneycats@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > I have an android phone and use c:geo. I like it for the most part.
            > > Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place
            > > accessible by car? It would be helpful for urban/neighborhood caches. I can
            > > put the coordinates into my car navigation system and get guidance that
            > > way, but its rather tedious to type in coordinates.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Amy (GS589)
            > >
            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Denise Vajdak
            > > <denise.vajdak@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > CacheSense also shows Munzees if you do those. 2 for 1 app. :-)
            > > >
            > > > Denise Vajdak
            > > > tx.ag/denise

          • Greg Jewett
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 18, 2013
              Esther --

              There is a couple of really good iPhone apps for Geocaching that do just that.  Since cacheSense is a 3rd party product - developed outside of Geocaching.com, they can add any number of features that they want.   So -- there are other apps for the iPhone that allow you to do this as well, check them out:

              • Geosphere (highly recommended)
              • iGeoCacher
              • iGCT
              • GCTools