Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] ] What is the best navigation map/gpsr for Galaxy 4 phone?

  • Denise Vajdak
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 15, 2013

      CacheSense also shows Munzees if you do those. 2 for 1 app. :-)

      Denise Vajdak
      tx.ag/denise

      On Aug 11, 2013 4:43 PM, "Esther Lopez" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

      Oh that Android app that Bill uses (CacheSense) has the COOLEST feature ever! It will draw a 1/10th for a mile radius circle around an existing cache to show if you can't place a cache. Man, I sure could use that feature! Too bad I have an iPhone!
      Bummer!!!!
      Esther/BGTx

      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
        I have an android phone and use c:geo. I like it for the most part.
        Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place accessible by car? It would be helpful for urban/neighborhood caches. I can put the coordinates into my car navigation system and get guidance that way, but its rather tedious to type in coordinates.

        Thanks
        Amy (GS589)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Denise Vajdak <denise.vajdak@...> wrote:

        > CacheSense also shows Munzees if you do those. 2 for 1 app. :-)
        >
        > Denise Vajdak
        > tx.ag/denise
        > On Aug 11, 2013 4:43 PM, "Esther Lopez" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Oh that Android app that Bill uses (CacheSense) has the COOLEST feature
        > > ever! It will draw a 1/10th for a mile radius circle around an existing
        > > cache to show if you can't place a cache. Man, I sure could use that
        > > feature! Too bad I have an iPhone!
        > > Bummer!!!!
        > > Esther/BGTx
        > >

        > > ------------------------------

      • Mike Detlefsen
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
          On 17 Aug 2013, at 14:25 , A wrote:

          > Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place accessible by car?

          GeOrg has a menu option to navigate to the cache by Google Navigation. I use it for most caches I go after.

          Mike
          jmd65
        • Bill Ellis
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013

            Cachesense has a menu option for driving directions it uses the google maps navigation. I use this feature to get me there then use the app's compas.

          • A
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
              I just figured out c:geo has the same option for driving navigation that I never noticed before. Thanks for the info.
              Amy (GS589)

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

              > Cachesense has a menu option for driving directions it uses the google maps
              > navigation. I use this feature to get me there then use the app's compas.
              > On Aug 17, 2013 2:26 PM, "A" <barneycats@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > I have an android phone and use c:geo. I like it for the most part.
              > > Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place
              > > accessible by car? It would be helpful for urban/neighborhood caches. I can
              > > put the coordinates into my car navigation system and get guidance that
              > > way, but its rather tedious to type in coordinates.
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > > Amy (GS589)
              > >
              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Denise Vajdak
              > > <denise.vajdak@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > CacheSense also shows Munzees if you do those. 2 for 1 app. :-)
              > > >
              > > > Denise Vajdak
              > > > tx.ag/denise

            • Greg Jewett
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 18, 2013
                Esther --

                There is a couple of really good iPhone apps for Geocaching that do just that.  Since cacheSense is a 3rd party product - developed outside of Geocaching.com, they can add any number of features that they want.   So -- there are other apps for the iPhone that allow you to do this as well, check them out:

                • Geosphere (highly recommended)
                • iGeoCacher
                • iGCT
                • GCTools