Re: Milestones!

  • alan_tagit
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
      Well said Barb and Paul.

      The journey has been pretty cool for Julie and I.

      We were just up in KS, NE, IO, and SD the first week or so in Aug and besides visiting family and friends and enjoying a wonderful vaca, we did make it a priority get at least a cache a day. And we managed a few State souviners too.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
        There you go.
        The top 3 coolest things about geocaching for me are (in order)
        1. The people I've met (our geocaching friends are some of the best ever!!!!)
        2. The 'backstage tour' -- geocaching takes us to wonderful things and spots we would have otherwise missed
        3. And THEN the joy of finding the hidden ... come on, we all like solving the puzzle/finding the 'treasure'!

        That's my list!
        Yours is probably different -- and that's great!

        BarbJ/Tygress

        The journey has been pretty cool for Julie and I.

        We were just up in KS, NE, IO, and SD the first week or so in Aug and besides visiting family and friends and enjoying a wonderful vaca, we did make it a priority get at least a cache a day. And we managed a few State souviners too.

        Tom

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

        > Milestones are completely individual and every one is big and important.
        > The beauty is we
        > get to celebrate them with all our caching friends. Those that are a
        > higher milestone once
        > celebrated the one you are reaching. Those that are at a lower milestone
        > get to marvel and
        > have something to maybe one day attain. It is just awesome!
        >
        > Congrats and enjoy your soon to be 600th find milestone!
        >
        > -paul
        > HiDude_98
        >
        > alan_tagit wrote:
        >

        > > Incredible!
        > > J and I are inching toward 600 (only...)
        > > Congratulations y'all!

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        New BlackBerry® Z10
        Discover the BlackBerry Z10, built to keep you moving. Get it today.
        BlackBerry.com
      • Greg Jewett
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
          Regardless, please make sure to post your milestones, where you got it the milestone and such (as much data as possible) and I will get it up on the website.  I promise to get better about doing this!  -- I have lots of catchup work to do…)

          Greg Jewett
          Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
          (512) 627-7290
          geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
          http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

          alan_tagit wrote:

          Incredible!
          J and I are inching toward 600 (only...)
          Congratulations y'all!

        • Cacherats!
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
            I am always amazed at the high milestones and I want congratulate everyone who reached theirs this month. That being said, I'm pretty proud to say that we reached a goal of ours last week: 500 finds.  It seems so small compared to thousands found, but each one that we've found has a special meaning for me, mostly because it was with my kids.  When we hit the milestone I went  back to look at some of the pictures from our first finds and the boys were so little!  And it wasn't all that long ago when we started. They have asked me what my favorite find has been out of the 500 and I honestly can't say because even the "special" ones have been numerous!   (Although defeating Dark Lord Sauron does stand out a bit more!)

            The best advice I received from this group was early on...(I don't remember who said it)...It was that everyone plays the game how they choose to play it so don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Just have fun and be safe.   We live by that rule every time we cache.

            Christa
            (Mom of the Cacherats!)

          Message 5 of 20 , Aug 15, 2013
            500! That's a WONDERFUL milestone!!!!
            I'm no good at tracking milestones at the time -- I notice them when I'm logging. The only one I could tell you off the top of my head is my 1000th -- because it was Ebenezer Cemetery and it was SNOWING (think A Christmas Carol). Never mind that it was the day before Easter!!!! In CenTex!!!! [Lovely pictures of Waterweasel in the bbbbbblue (and snow-covered) bonnets.

            I think most of us here will tell you to play YOUR game and not fret others'. True, if they're messing up GZs and caches, then fret. Otherwise, make the game your own and have FUN!

            So WOOO WOOO on your 500!!!! Sing out and have a Hawaiian Ice to celebrate!!!!

            BarbJ = any excuse for a Hawaiian ice (wink!) = Tygress

[...]

            Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary.Save a tree

            alan_tagit wrote:

            Incredible!
            J and I are inching toward 600 (only...)
            Congratulations y'all!

            30-second trick for a flat belly
            TheFatBurningHormone.com
          • Greg Jewett

              Message 7 of 20 , Aug 19, 2013
                Christa - congrats on reaching 500! I hit 500 myself on 7/3 and feel the same way you do. I remember almost every cache in detail, who I was with (mostly my daughter), what the weather was like etc.
                Its a great game!

                Amy (GS589)

                Message 8 of 20 , Aug 20, 2013
                  Congrats to you, too, Amy!
                  (is barneycats your handle? I have a very squiffy memory for names *le sigh*)

                  BarbJ/Tygress

                  Message 9 of 20 , Aug 20, 2013

                    Thanks, Amy!  We have really loved playing.  I'm sad that school is starting because we don't get to go as much during the school year.  Congrats to you on you 500!   And best wishes for many more!!
                    Christa