What is the best navigation map/gpsr for Galaxy 4 phone?

  • cacherats1
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
      I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.

      Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

      Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?

      Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks!
      Christa
      (Mom of the Cacherats!)
    • Bill Ellis
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
        I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those points.  Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the website.

        --
        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
        Bill
        a.k.a ZionZR2
        512-789-1469
        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
      • Bill Ellis
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
          Forgot to say I have a samsung Galaxy s3 with sprint.

          Bill - ZionZR2

          On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:
          I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those points.  Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the website.

          On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

          I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.

          Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

          Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?

          Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

          Thanks!
          Christa
          (Mom of the Cacherats!)

          --
          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469
          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

          --
          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469
          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
        • Mike Detlefsen
          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
            I'd recommend GeOrg. It's the only one of dozen or so apps I've tried that I found usable. It's sorting capabilities are more useful than any of the others.

            Mike
            jmd65

            On 11 Aug 2013, at 15:28 , cacherats1 wrote:

            > I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.
            >
            > Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?
            >
            > Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?
            >
            > Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > Christa
            > (Mom of the Cacherats!)

          • Esther Lopez
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
              Oh that Android app that Bill uses (CacheSense) has the COOLEST feature ever! It will draw a 1/10th for a mile radius circle around an existing cache to show if you can't place a cache. Man, I sure could use that feature! Too bad I have an iPhone!
              Bummer!!!!
              Esther/BGTx

              I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those points.  Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the website.

              On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

              I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.

              Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

              Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?

              Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

              Thanks!
              Christa
              (Mom of the Cacherats!)

              --
              ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
              Bill
              a.k.a ZionZR2
              512-789-1469
              <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

            • John Baker
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
                It is a cool feature. You can convert someday Esther! :-)

                John/thenkengrene

                On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Esther Lopez <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

                Oh that Android app that Bill uses (CacheSense) has the COOLEST feature ever! It will draw a 1/10th for a mile radius circle around an existing cache to show if you can't place a cache. Man, I sure could use that feature! Too bad I have an iPhone!
                Bummer!!!!
                Esther/BGTx

                I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those points.  Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the website.

                On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

                I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.

                Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

                Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?

                Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

                Thanks!
                Christa
                (Mom of the Cacherats!)

                --
                ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                Bill
                a.k.a ZionZR2
                512-789-1469
                <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

              • Toni
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
                  I tried using CacheSense today and it wouldn't connect to GC. I'm wondering if that had to do with all the trouble on their site.

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                  > I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those
                  > points. Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches
                  > if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the
                  > website.
                  >

                  > On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates
                  > > for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on
                  > > my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if
                  > > I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.
                  > >
                  > > Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact
                  > > coordinates that I input?
                  > >
                  > > Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If
                  > > so, how can input the solved coordinates?
                  > >
                  > > Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > > Christa
                  > > (Mom of the Cacherats!)
                  > >

                  > --
                  > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                  > Bill
                  > a.k.a ZionZR2
                  > 512-789-1469
                  > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                • Esther Lopez
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
                    Is that what that was? I tried to use my iPhone to do a few caches on my way home from Victoria yesterday and I was never able to log on. I did manage to find the ugly DNF from the day before at "TH Bridge" in Gonzales. Thanks to a couple of PAFs (it does take a village!). I would never have found that stinker on my own!

                    I tried several times after and each time I got a message that my network was not available. Bummer!
                    It's a good thing that I got all the caches I needed on my way down!

                    Esther/BGTx

                    I tried using CacheSense today and it wouldn't connect to GC. I'm wondering if that had to do with all the trouble on their site.

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                    > I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those
                    > points. Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches
                    > if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the
                    > website.
                    >

                    > On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates
                    > > for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on
                    > > my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if
                    > > I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.
                    > >
                    > > Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact
                    > > coordinates that I input?
                    > >
                    > > Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If
                    > > so, how can input the solved coordinates?
                    > >
                    > > Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!
                    > > Christa
                    > > (Mom of the Cacherats!)
                    > >

                    > --
                    > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                    > Bill
                    > a.k.a ZionZR2
                    > 512-789-1469
                    > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                  • Nancy Lee
                    Message 9 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013
                      I have trouble with iPhone too. AT&T told me to restart the phone. That helped. Most of the time I lost signal on the way to Aransas Pass. Nanblocker(Nancy)

                      I tried using CacheSense today and it wouldn't connect to GC. I'm wondering if that had to do with all the trouble on their site.

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                      > I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those
                      > points. Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches
                      > if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the
                      > website.
                      >

                      > On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates
                      > > for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on
                      > > my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if
                      > > I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.
                      > >
                      > > Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact
                      > > coordinates that I input?
                      > >
                      > > Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If
                      > > so, how can input the solved coordinates?
                      > >
                      > > Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks!
                      > > Christa
                      > > (Mom of the Cacherats!)
                      > >

                      > --
                      > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                      > Bill
                      > a.k.a ZionZR2
                      > 512-789-1469
                      > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                    • Jay Bingham
                      Message 10 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013

                        Since I switched to an android phone a few months ago I have been using c:geo on a Samsung Nexus S 4g on Sprint. I like it, although it does not have the cool circle around a cache feature. The feature that I like most is that when you are out someplace with no signal logs can be entered and stored on the phone for later export/upload to GC.com as field notes. You can also log directly to GC.com if you have a signal. Cache pages can be stored on the phone for later retrieval which is great when you are going to be caching someplace that might not have or you know does not have good cell phone coverage.

                        I have not tried any of the other android apps.

                        --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                        |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                        Forgot to say I have a samsung Galaxy s3 with sprint.

                        Bill - ZionZR2

                        On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                        I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those points.  Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the website.

                        On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

                        I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.

                        Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

                        Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?

                        Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

                        Thanks!
                        Christa
                        (Mom of the Cacherats!)

                        --

                        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                        Bill
                        a.k.a ZionZR2
                        512-789-1469
                        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                        --

                        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                        Bill
                        a.k.a ZionZR2
                        512-789-1469
                        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                      • Jay Bingham
                        Message 11 of 26 , Aug 11, 2013

                          I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say “take you to the exact coordinates”, but if you mean will it show you exactly where those coordinates are on the map, then yes c:geo has that capability. You can enter coordinates in any of the most common formats and then have that displayed on the map or you can switch to compass mode to show the distance and bearing to the point. Getting there is of course up to you.

                          It also has the capability to calculate a point that is a given distance and bearing in degrees from a point that you enter or your current coordinates.

                          It keeps a history of the coordinates that you have entered as well.

                          --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                          |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                          Since I switched to an android phone a few months ago I have been using c:geo on a Samsung Nexus S 4g on Sprint. I like it, although it does not have the cool circle around a cache feature. The feature that I like most is that when you are out someplace with no signal logs can be entered and stored on the phone for later export/upload to GC.com as field notes. You can also log directly to GC.com if you have a signal. Cache pages can be stored on the phone for later retrieval which is great when you are going to be caching someplace that might not have or you know does not have good cell phone coverage.

                          I have not tried any of the other android apps.

                          --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                          |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                          Forgot to say I have a samsung Galaxy s3 with sprint.

                          Bill - ZionZR2

                          On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                          I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those points.  Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the website.

                          On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

                          I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.

                          Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

                          Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?

                          Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

                          Thanks!
                          Christa
                          (Mom of the Cacherats!)

                          --

                          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                          Bill
                          a.k.a ZionZR2
                          512-789-1469
                          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                          --

                          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                          Bill
                          a.k.a ZionZR2
                          512-789-1469
                          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                          Message 12 of 26 , Aug 12, 2013
                            I have been quite amused lately -- using the geocaching.com app on my Motorola RazR (Verizon access) to grab my COD.
                            So, when I'm navigating streets, I let it go to Google Navigation to get me there. When I reach the 'Your Destination is on the Left' -- by golly, there is (on my screen) a photo of the stand of trees that I am seeking -- or to be seeking in.
                            Sure, I'm easily amused...

                            [I have not used the phone to input coords, so can't help you there.]

                            BarbJ/Tygress

                            I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say “take you to the exact coordinates”, but if you mean will it show you exactly where those coordinates are on the map, then yes c:geo has that capability. You can enter coordinates in any of the most common formats and then have that displayed on the map or you can switch to compass mode to show the distance and bearing to the point. Getting there is of course up to you.

                            It also has the capability to calculate a point that is a given distance and bearing in degrees from a point that you enter or your current coordinates.

                            It keeps a history of the coordinates that you have entered as well.

                            --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
                            |+| Georgetown, TX USA

                            Since I switched to an android phone a few months ago I have been using c:geo on a Samsung Nexus S 4g on Sprint. I like it, although it does not have the cool circle around a cache feature. The feature that I like most is that when you are out someplace with no signal logs can be entered and stored on the phone for later export/upload to GC.com as field notes. You can also log directly to GC.com if you have a signal. Cache pages can be stored on the phone for later retrieval which is great when you are going to be caching someplace that might not have or you know does not have good cell phone coverage.

                            I have not tried any of the other android apps.

                            --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
                            |+| Georgetown, TX USA

                            Forgot to say I have a samsung Galaxy s3 with sprint.

                            Bill - ZionZR2

                            On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                            I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those points.  Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the website.

                            On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

                            I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.

                            Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

                            Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?

                            Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

                            Thanks!
                            Christa
                            (Mom of the Cacherats!)

                            --

                            ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                            Bill
                            a.k.a ZionZR2
                            512-789-1469
                            <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                            --

                            ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                            Bill
                            a.k.a ZionZR2
                            512-789-1469
                            <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                            New BlackBerry® Z10
                            Discover the BlackBerry Z10, built to keep you moving. Get it today.
                            BlackBerry.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Aug 12, 2013
                              geocaching.com was squiffy all weekend -- I think it's this 31 in August thing upping the traffic.
                              Was having a 'day' of it from my PC on Saturday, and slow phone links on Sunday.
                              doesn't always pay to be POPULAR!

                              Tygress

                              I have trouble with iPhone too. AT&T told me to restart the phone. That helped. Most of the time I lost signal on the way to Aransas Pass. Nanblocker(Nancy)

                              I tried using CacheSense today and it wouldn't connect to GC. I'm wondering if that had to do with all the trouble on their site.

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                              > I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those
                              > points. Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches
                              > if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the
                              > website.
                              >

                              > On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > **
                              > >

                              > > I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates
                              > > for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on
                              > > my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if
                              > > I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.
                              > >
                              > > Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact
                              > > coordinates that I input?
                              > >
                              > > Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If
                              > > so, how can input the solved coordinates?
                              > >
                              > > Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
                              > >
                              > > Thanks!
                              > > Christa
                              > > (Mom of the Cacherats!)
                              > >

                              > --
                              > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                              > Bill
                              > a.k.a ZionZR2
                              > 512-789-1469
                              > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                              Bad Credit Easy Car Loan
                              Fast Response, Bankruptcy OK, Over 99% Of Applications Are Accepted
                              Web2Carz.com
                            • hook_em_horns12
                              Message 14 of 26 , Aug 12, 2013
                                Christa -

                                You can input coordinates using the geocaching app on Android. While in map mode hit the menu button, then press "Add Waypoint". You can then enter the new coordinates and it will show up as a flag on your map. Be sure to change the default longitude settings to W or it will appear your next stage is several thousand miles away! The main drawback to this is that you cannot go back and see or edit the coordinates you input for that waypoint.

                                See you on the trail.

                                Mike (365geo)
                                Message 15 of 26 , Aug 13, 2013
                                  thanks!
                                  I only use the phone for very light caching; but usage datapoints are useful!
                                  BarbJ/now to remember/Tygress

                                  You can input coordinates using the geocaching app on Android. While in map mode hit the menu button, then press "Add Waypoint". You can then enter the new coordinates and it will show up as a flag on your map. Be sure to change the default longitude settings to W or it will appear your next stage is several thousand miles away! The main drawback to this is that you cannot go back and see or edit the coordinates you input for that waypoint.

                                  See you on the trail.

                                  Mike (365geo)

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                     Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:

                                  Norwegian Cruise Line
                                  Cruise Like a Norwegian. Hawaii cruises starting at $1249. Book Now.
                                  ncl.com
                                • cacherats1
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Aug 13, 2013
                                    Thanks for all the responses. I hadn't heard of some of these apps so I'm glad I asked. I'm especially grateful to know that I can input waypoints on the GC.com app. I didn't realize I could do that and it's what I was looking to do before I asked my question. I find it odd, though, that once the coords are input as a new waypoint, I can't go back and see what I input. I wonder why GC wouldn't have put that in there. Seems like a natural thing to go back and check the coordinates.
                                    Thanks again!
                                    Christa
                                    (Mom of the Cacherats!)

                                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "cacherats1" <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

                                    > I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.
                                    >
                                    > Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?
                                    >
                                    > Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?
                                    >
                                    > Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks!
                                    > Christa
                                    > (Mom of the Cacherats!)

                                  • Sean C
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Aug 13, 2013
                                      on a PC, you can put "loc:" in front of the coordinates, and then it forces the marker to the exact spot on the map.

                                      -sean

                                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "cacherats1" <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

                                      > Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

                                    • Denise Vajdak
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Aug 15, 2013

                                        CacheSense also shows Munzees if you do those. 2 for 1 app. :-)

                                        Denise Vajdak
                                        tx.ag/denise

                                        On Aug 11, 2013 4:43 PM, "Esther Lopez" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

                                        Oh that Android app that Bill uses (CacheSense) has the COOLEST feature ever! It will draw a 1/10th for a mile radius circle around an existing cache to show if you can't place a cache. Man, I sure could use that feature! Too bad I have an iPhone!
                                        Bummer!!!!
                                        Esther/BGTx

                                        I use CacheSense it allows you to create waypoints and navigate to those points.  Also it will navigate you to the corrected cords for puzzle caches if you put in the corrected or solved for cords into the cache page on the website.

                                        On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM, cacherats1 <cnratcliff@...> wrote:

                                        I have a Garmin Oregon that I mostly use when I need to input coordinates for mystery caches, etc. Sometimes, though, I need to put in coordinates on my phone. Google Earth/Maps always takes me to the nearest house- even if I'm in the middle of a trail in the woods.

                                        Does anyone have any suggestions on map app that will take me to the exact coordinates that I input?

                                        Can the Geocaching.com Android app be used for this type of Geocache? If so, how can input the solved coordinates?

                                        Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

                                        Thanks!
                                        Christa
                                        (Mom of the Cacherats!)

                                        --
                                        ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                                        Bill
                                        a.k.a ZionZR2
                                        512-789-1469
                                        <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

                                      • A
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
                                          I have an android phone and use c:geo. I like it for the most part.
                                          Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place accessible by car? It would be helpful for urban/neighborhood caches. I can put the coordinates into my car navigation system and get guidance that way, but its rather tedious to type in coordinates.

                                          Thanks
                                          Amy (GS589)

                                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Denise Vajdak <denise.vajdak@...> wrote:

                                          > CacheSense also shows Munzees if you do those. 2 for 1 app. :-)
                                          >
                                          > Denise Vajdak
                                          > tx.ag/denise
                                          > On Aug 11, 2013 4:43 PM, "Esther Lopez" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > **
                                          > >

                                          > > Oh that Android app that Bill uses (CacheSense) has the COOLEST feature
                                          > > ever! It will draw a 1/10th for a mile radius circle around an existing
                                          > > cache to show if you can't place a cache. Man, I sure could use that
                                          > > feature! Too bad I have an iPhone!
                                          > > Bummer!!!!
                                          > > Esther/BGTx
                                          > >

                                          > > ------------------------------

                                        • Mike Detlefsen
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
                                            On 17 Aug 2013, at 14:25 , A wrote:

                                            > Will any of the other apps navigate by street to the closest place accessible by car?

                                            GeOrg has a menu option to navigate to the cache by Google Navigation. I use it for most caches I go after.

                                            Mike
                                            jmd65
                                          • Bill Ellis
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013

                                              Cachesense has a menu option for driving directions it uses the google maps navigation. I use this feature to get me there then use the app's compas.

                                            • A
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Aug 17, 2013
                                                I just figured out c:geo has the same option for driving navigation that I never noticed before. Thanks for the info.
                                                Amy (GS589)

                                              • Greg Jewett
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Aug 18, 2013
                                                  Esther --

                                                  There is a couple of really good iPhone apps for Geocaching that do just that.  Since cacheSense is a 3rd party product - developed outside of Geocaching.com, they can add any number of features that they want.   So -- there are other apps for the iPhone that allow you to do this as well, check them out:

                                                  • Geosphere (highly recommended)
                                                  • iGeoCacher
                                                  • iGCT
                                                  • GCTools