Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: woo hooo -- Lynn9 30K!

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 8, 2013
      What's really sad is when it's not a recycled container with contents/logs (though that has happened) but one I really DID find before. We tend to cache from Russ' list -- and he'd forgotten to log that one. So we found it again! I was quite surprised to find our specific swag in the box... and then I got home. D'oh!!!!!
      barb =lauging at self= tygress

      From: "iris9" <iris9@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: woo hooo -- Lynn9 30K!
      Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:49:35 -0000

      Yes you did it!  We wouldn't be where we are today if it hadn't been for the Cen Tex group that befriended us and showed us how to play the game.  We still remember meeting you for the first time at an event in Fredericksburg and getting so much helpful information that really changed our lives.  Changed from punching every cache in manually to GSAK and a whole new world opened.  Love traveling but really miss seeing all of you more often.  It is always a special day when we see the name of one of our friends on a log we are about to sign.  Actually yesterday we even found our name on a cache log at the end of a road where we had never been before!  Now if we just knew where all we have signed logs already we could cut down on lots of miles!!!

      Lyni9 / Iris

      > I know being retired and travelling all the time gives folks a leg up;still, I *remember* when these two started caching.Ooooh, what a wonder we launched way back then.... I just happened to notice that Iris (Lynn9) is sitting on 30,000 finds.Glenn is lagging a bit behind ...at 29180. Well, that happens in my caching couple, too -- as Waterweasel is off getting THREE states without me... =whine= Anyway!Hoooray for Iris!!!!!!  BarbJ/horn tooting/Tygress
      > 30-second trick for a flat belly
      > This daily 30-second trick BOOSTS your body's #1 fat-burning hormone
      > http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5202a1358f79c21355737st04vuc

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

      Extended Stay America
      Get Fantastic Amenities, low rates! Kitchen, Ample Workspace, Free WIFI
      extendedstayamerica.com

      Stand With Our President
      Tell Congress: It's time to raise the minimum wage. Sign the petition!
      democraticgovernors.org