Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Finding A Cache Every Day for XX days in a row

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 2, 2013
    • 726 KB
    well then, here's a special souvenir all your own.
    =GRINS!=
    BarbJ - because I CAN - Tygress

    From: Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...>
    To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
    Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 21:28:50 -0500

    Matt,
    Your message reminded me of a poem I read when I was just a lad. Here it is:

    My Food Grows Colder
    Please don’t get up, she said to me
    While pausing at my table
    But I got up so she could see
    I'm courteous and able
    She little knew that when I sup
    Good manners I am blind to
    For ‘till she said, Please don't get up
    It hadn't crossed my mind to.

    --| Jay /\\\\ Bing-GTX

    Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2013
      Armour & Nash are from the same fabric mill.
      Thanks!
      -B/Tygress

      Message 3 of 15 , Aug 2, 2013

        Yup, they had a similar style, the bio on Armour at http://allpoetry.com/Richard_Willard_Armour says:

        Armour wrote funny poems in a style reminiscent of Ogden Nash. These poems were often featured in newspaper Sunday supplements, a feature called Armour's Armory. Many of Armour's poems have been repeatedly and incorrectly attributed to Nash.

        Although they lived on opposite coasts of the country, their lives overlapped. Nash was born in 1902 in Rye , New York and died in 1971 in Baltimore , Maryland . Armour was born in 1906 in San Pedro , California and died in 1989 in Claremont , California .

        Both of them are among my favorite poets. Although neither of them seem to have been quite as prolific as our own Tygress.

        --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

        Message 4 of 15 , Aug 2, 2013
          Esther you are a Saint!

          Shawn/ S6sputnik

          On Aug 2, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Esther Lopez <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

          Well, let's see.... I missed the Get Outdoors Day souvenir (in the Valley for a funeral) and I missed yesterday (family muggle issue) and to add insult to injury, there is NO souvenir for Mexico where I have cached. I am already behind so I won't be sweating the streak issue. Instead, I think I will concentrate on cache maintenance (lots of that!) so that everyone else can play.

          Good luck, everyone!
          Esther/BGTx

          Your message reminded me of a poem I read when I was just a lad. Here it is:

          My Food Grows Colder
          Please don’t get up, she said to me
          While pausing at my table
          But I got up so she could see
          I'm courteous and able
          She little knew that when I sup
          Good manners I am blind to
          For ‘till she said, Please don't get up
          It hadn't crossed my mind to.

          --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
          |+| Georgetown, TX USA

          Sure, it counts, Matt. There is no rule against it and there is nothing preventing it or policing it. Now, if it is right or wrong, well, that's more of a personal judgement call. Everybody has to live with their own decisions. Just like logging throw-downs as finds, claiming a find just for getting to GZ, and all the other ways some folks manage to, shall we say, "cook the books". Expecting global adherence to the "spirit of geocaching" (a popular if somewhat nebulous term used heavily in the forums) went out the window a long time ago.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew A" <matthewa625@...> wrote:

          > The spirit of challenges and streaks usually consist of finding a geocache each day for a specific number of days in a row.
          >
          > Like the August 2013 challenge from Geocaching.com to get souvenirs.
          >
          > Pre signing caches and logging them another day does NOT count. Finding several in one day and then claiming one of them for a day you can't make a real find doesn't count either.
          >
          > Matthew mda_taz

          30-second trick for a flat belly
          TheFatBurningHormone.com

        • Esther Lopez
          Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2013
            Tygress, I value THIS souvenir above all others because it is from you and oh, so cute!!!!
            Thanks,
            a grateful Bigguy!

            Message 6 of 15 , Aug 2, 2013

              From: Esther Lopez <bigguy9211116@...>
              To: "CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com" <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

              Message 7 of 15 , Aug 2, 2013
                Be grateful, because we DNF'd one of your caches today. So have fun with maintenance in August! :-)

                By the way, ignore the log, I went back and edited it to say what we really found and didn't find.

                --Di
                dirich92