Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Different Caching Sites

  • Rachele DiTullio
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 30, 2013
      I have checked out some of the other sites and they're simply not as good. opencaching.com has very little in the way of code support to format cache pages compared to geocaching.com. I imported several of my caches to that site only to have to remove them (puzzles specifically) because I could not format the page properly. I'm also not that keen on its rating structure (not that D/T is perfect) but it's even MORE subjective.

      My two pesos,
      -Rachele/strontium87
    • semperquestio
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 30, 2013
        Why should Groundspeak try to play well with others? They are a business and they are trying to protect their only assets - listings and site architecture. Sure, they cannot stop anyone from cross-listing caches, but they sure don't have to support or encourage the patronizing of other listing services either. I can't fault them for protecting their business interests even if I don't agree with all their decisions.

        And for the record, I have checked out every listing site I have ever heard of and none of them even come close to measuring up to what Groundspeak offers both in sheer numbers of listings and site features. Also, I am a big fan on 1-stop shopping. I'm not going to go to multiple sites to find caches. That's just too much work for something I do for fun. Besides, there are still about 2,151,900 or so caches on GC.com I have not gotten to yet.
      • Barbara Dukette
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 30, 2013
          I agree. Once I've found all of GC's caches, I'll check out another site.
          GiGi and JoJo (Barbara)