MIA -These Boots Were Made for Traveling (Travel Bug Dog Tag)

  • Stormie Reed
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2013
      It is with a sadden heart I post that "These Boots Were Made for Traveling" (Travel Bug use TBNA0Q to reference this item.) was reported missing by cache owner Keystone 7/19/2013.

      This little travel Bug had traveled 2682.7mi after being released on January 7th 2007. Started out in Odessa Texas, traveled around Texas then to Louisiana, from there it went to Florida for a while. It then processed to North Carolina, Ohio and was lost in Pennsylvania after AmberJean519 placed it in GCTW2K Potter's Pals Cemetary Classic Roast on 07/30/2010. The cache is still there but no sign of this little guy. No reports of anyone grabbing it to move it on, nothing for three years..

      Please be understanding, I just wanted other cachers to know that this was my first Travel Bug and will always have a special memory for me. I don't want to believe it's ended it's travels, but three years is a long time. But there are those muggles who hang onto these things, why just recently there was a story of the cop who on a thief ring bust, notice the geocoins, was able to tracked down the owners... well maybe there is hope.

      So if by chance someday, someway you come upon this TB... Well you know, log it, say a few words and move it on.

      Thank you

      ~Stormie~ aka DSS (DustySandStorm)
    • Steve Fite
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20, 2013

        I’m sorry to hear that.  Maybe it will still show up.  You never know.

        Mogasman

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2013
          One of mine started moving again after 3 years....
          though it had been picked up -- the holder just hadn't been caching.
          So there is hope.

          BarbJ =thinking about making a raid on Germany to get some of mine out of there (they move, but never leave the country)=Tygress

[...]

          Want to place your ad here?
          Advertise on United Online
          www.adsonar.com
        • Toni
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
            About a month ago I released a tb that a guy at work had removed from a cache back in 2007 and it had been in his desk ever since. He knew I geocached and asked if I wanted it. You never know if/when it might show back up.