Trouble Getting a Cache Approved

  • danny_c_champion
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
      Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.

      I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"

      I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.

      Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?

      Danny (Racer57)
    • John Baker

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
          I don't know if I would call it trouble, but I submitted two caches in Austin back on the 9th of July, one was approved the next day, and the other was only approved this morning (the 17th). Two or three days seems to be average.

          Mike

          On 17 Jul 2013, at 08:57 , danny_c_champion wrote:

          > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
          >
          > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
          >
          > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
          >
          > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
          >
          > Danny (Racer57)

        • John Baker
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
            However, in my experience...events seem to publish prior to traditionals or any other cache, just to get the word out faster to allow more people to plan to attend. I do agree that there is the estimated wait time up to 4 days. But...there is a line between "ok, I can deal with that" and "that's ridiculous!"

            John

            On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Mike Detlefsen <mdmeleagro945@...> wrote:

            I don't know if I would call it trouble, but I submitted two caches in Austin back on the 9th of July, one was approved the next day, and the other was only approved this morning (the 17th). Two or three days seems to be average.

            Mike

            On 17 Jul 2013, at 08:57 , danny_c_champion wrote:

            > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
            >
            > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
            >
            > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
            >
            > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
            >
            > Danny (Racer57)

          • Mike Detlefsen
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
              Considering that the reviewers are unpaid volunteers who probably have jobs and families, I'm not going to complain about occasional backlogs. I'm sure they get hit with a high number of submissions from time to time.

              Mike
              jmd65

              On 17 Jul 2013, at 09:49 , John Baker wrote:

              However, in my experience...events seem to publish prior to traditionals or any other cache, just to get the word out faster to allow more people to plan to attend. I do agree that there is the estimated wait time up to 4 days. But...there is a line between "ok, I can deal with that" and "that's ridiculous!"

              John

              On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Mike Detlefsen <mdmeleagro945@...> wrote:

              I don't know if I would call it trouble, but I submitted two caches in Austin back on the 9th of July, one was approved the next day, and the other was only approved this morning (the 17th). Two or three days seems to be average.

              Mike

              On 17 Jul 2013, at 08:57 , danny_c_champion wrote:

              > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
              >
              > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
              >
              > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
              >
              > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
              >
              > Danny (Racer57)

            • Toni
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                Reviewers are going to be very backlogged right now with everyone trying to hide easy caches for the 31 days in August.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mike Detlefsen <mdmeleagro945@...> wrote:

                > Considering that the reviewers are unpaid volunteers who probably have jobs and families, I'm not going to complain about occasional backlogs. I'm sure they get hit with a high number of submissions from time to time.
                >
                > Mike
                > jmd65
                >

                > On 17 Jul 2013, at 09:49 , John Baker wrote:
                >

                > > However, in my experience...events seem to publish prior to traditionals or any other cache, just to get the word out faster to allow more people to plan to attend. I do agree that there is the estimated wait time up to 4 days. But...there is a line between "ok, I can deal with that" and "that's ridiculous!"
                > >
                > > John
                > >

                > > On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Mike Detlefsen <mdmeleagro945@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I don't know if I would call it trouble, but I submitted two caches in Austin back on the 9th of July, one was approved the next day, and the other was only approved this morning (the 17th). Two or three days seems to be average.
                > >
                > > Mike
                > >
                > > On 17 Jul 2013, at 08:57 , danny_c_champion wrote:
                > >
                > > > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
                > > >
                > > > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
                > > >
                > > > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
                > > >
                > > > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
                > > >
                > > > Danny (Racer57)

              • danny_c_champion
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                  It has now been over three weeks trying to get a simple park and grab cache approved. I still have not heard from the reviewer and I have sent three separate notes to him.

                  Any ideas?

                  Danny (Racer57)

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                  > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
                  >
                  > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
                  >
                  > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
                  >
                  > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
                  >
                  > Danny (Racer57)

                • Bill Ellis
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013

                    You could try to Contact groundspeak directly.

                    On Jul 23, 2013 7:52 AM, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                    It has now been over three weeks trying to get a simple park and grab cache approved. I still have not heard from the reviewer and I have sent three separate notes to him.

                    Any ideas?

                    Danny (Racer57)

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                    > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
                    >
                    > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
                    >
                    > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
                    >
                    > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
                    >
                    > Danny (Racer57)

                  • Shawn Olsen
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                      Could a distant puzzle be in its way? What were the coords again? :-)

                      Cheers,

                      Shawn/s6sputnik

                      On Jul 23, 2013, at 7:52 AM, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                      It has now been over three weeks trying to get a simple park and grab cache approved. I still have not heard from the reviewer and I have sent three separate notes to him.

                      Any ideas?

                      Danny (Racer57)

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                      > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
                      >
                      > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
                      >
                      > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
                      >
                      > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
                      >
                      > Danny (Racer57)

                    • Dave Read
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                        Prime published two in Austin last night. One was submitted on 7/14. So it appears that he is running 9-10 days behind, which is far less than the 3 weeks you report (but far more than his usual 2-3 days). This makes think either (a) something is wrong with the cache and he put it in his "I'll deal with this later" bucket because he's overloaded, or (b) perhaps you forgot to check all the boxes to get it properly submitted?

                        Dave
                        Team Landshark

                        On Jul 23, 2013, at 8:52 AM, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                        It has now been over three weeks trying to get a simple park and grab cache approved. I still have not heard from the reviewer and I have sent three separate notes to him.

                        Any ideas?

                        Danny (Racer57)

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                        > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
                        >
                        > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
                        >
                        > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
                        >
                        > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
                        >
                        > Danny (Racer57)

                      • GrnBeret2B
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                          Triple check that it's enabled, make sure that Prime didn't archive it and you missed the notification.

                          You may need to just relist it.

                          On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM, danny_c_champion <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                          It has now been over three weeks trying to get a simple park and grab cache approved. I still have not heard from the reviewer and I have sent three separate notes to him.

                          Any ideas?

                          Danny (Racer57)

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                          > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
                          >
                          > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
                          >
                          > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
                          >
                          > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
                          >
                          > Danny (Racer57)

                        • GrnBeret2B
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                            How are you seeing what day they were submitted?  The only dates I see on newly published caches are Hidden dates (which is not the same as the submission date) and the date of publication...

                            On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM, Dave Read <dave@...> wrote:

                            Prime published two in Austin last night. One was submitted on 7/14. So it appears that he is running 9-10 days behind, which is far less than the 3 weeks you report (but far more than his usual 2-3 days). This makes think either (a) something is wrong with the cache and he put it in his "I'll deal with this later" bucket because he's overloaded, or (b) perhaps you forgot to check all the boxes to get it properly submitted?

                            Dave
                            Team Landshark

                            On Jul 23, 2013, at 8:52 AM, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                            It has now been over three weeks trying to get a simple park and grab cache approved. I still have not heard from the reviewer and I have sent three separate notes to him.

                            Any ideas?

                            Danny (Racer57)

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                            > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
                            >
                            > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
                            >
                            > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
                            >
                            > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
                            >
                            > Danny (Racer57)

                          • Dave Read
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                              I'm using the date hidden. Agreed that it's not necessarily the same as the date submitted, but I suspect most people go place their cache, then fill in the form and submit it at the same time. Worst case, they fill in the form and leave it unsubmitted for a day or two...so the "date hidden" would be a day or two before the submission date.

                              From: GrnBeret2B <grn.beret.2b@...>
                              Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:43 AM
                              To: "CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com" <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
                              Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Trouble Getting a Cache Approved

                              How are you seeing what day they were submitted?  The only dates I see on newly published caches are Hidden dates (which is not the same as the submission date) and the date of publication...

                              On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM, Dave Read <dave@...> wrote:

                              Prime published two in Austin last night. One was submitted on 7/14. So it appears that he is running 9-10 days behind, which is far less than the 3 weeks you report (but far more than his usual 2-3 days). This makes think either (a) something is wrong with the cache and he put it in his "I'll deal with this later" bucket because he's overloaded, or (b) perhaps you forgot to check all the boxes to get it properly submitted?

                              Dave
                              Team Landshark

                              On Jul 23, 2013, at 8:52 AM, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                              It has now been over three weeks trying to get a simple park and grab cache approved. I still have not heard from the reviewer and I have sent three separate notes to him.

                              Any ideas?

                              Danny (Racer57)

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

                              > Over the last ten years, I have put out over 40 caches and had little trouble getting them approved. recently, I have put out three in the Taylor area and had zero problem getting them approved.
                              >
                              > I submitted a cache on 1 July for approval. It is a simple hide with no other caches within 0.7 miles. It is on a county road with available parking. I told the approver this information. I have not heard from the approver. I have checked the box "Enable Cache Listing"
                              >
                              > I have sent follow-on notes to the approver two times and have received no response.
                              >
                              > Is anyone else having trouble getting a cache approved?
                              >
                              > Danny (Racer57)

                            • danny_c_champion
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                                I made sure the 'Enable' button was pushed. All of the puzzles/multis within ten miles either belong to me or have been found by me.

                                I will try to be patient.

                                Danny (Racer57)