FTF Opportunity!

  • J Crozier
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013
      Are there no FTF hounds any more?????

      Will people no longer drive more than 3 miles from home to get a FTF??????

      Don't people wish those FTF hounds weren't so fast so THEY would have a chance at getting a FTF????

      Gosh, I published a cache on June 13 in Dimmit County that hasn't had an FTF yet.

      GC4E77W

      Now, I realize that this cache is 100 miles from my house in San Antonio, but what's a tank of gas and a lovely ride to the middle of nowhere when there's a FTF involved, huh?  Think of the pride and joy you'll feel when you put your name in that nice, fancy FTF circle of honor!  Think of how many different counties you can add to your map on the way!  Think of the nice things I'll write about you here when I announce the name of the FTF!

      PLUS!  You'll probably get to visit the silly town of Dilley on your way down there.  But don't Dilley Dalley, because you never know who's right behind you, ALSO hoping to be FTF!

      Cheers,

    • Shawn Olsen
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013
        It's a bit out of my way, but maybe Hidude needs to run an errand in the morning :-)

        Cheers,

        Shawn/s6sputnik

        On Jul 14, 2013, at 11:33 PM, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

        > GC4E77W
      • Paul Albers
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013
          Amazingly, we drove very close to this cache when we were finishing up our county run
          on June 30, but didn't have it loaded in the GPSr. I missed my chance for the FTF. Now,
          that would have been cool!

          -paul
          HiDude_98

          Shawn Olsen wrote:

          It's a bit out of my way, but maybe Hidude needs to run an errand in the morning :-)

          Cheers,

          Shawn/s6sputnik

          On Jul 14, 2013, at 11:33 PM, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

          > GC4E77W

        • Jestr
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2013
            Dilley?? Ack!! Haha that's a scary place with the natural gas boom going on! Not to mention HOT. Drive very carefully!!!!

            Jeri / JestrRulz

[...]

          • electric_water_boy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 2013
              The problem now isn't gas. It's Groundspeak and all those souvenirs they're hanging over our heads. I too have drank the Koolaid. I could have gotten an FTF a bike ride away from the house, but have put it off until August. Did all the work for a puzzle cache walking distance from my office. Same thing. Won't be a whole lot of "local" caching until August.

              And it's HOT!!!!!!

              EWB - Tom

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 16, 2013
                After filling in all the gaps to get my calendar, I have decided I'm NOT a streak cacher. Turns the game into work.
                But I surely applaud all you who do, because I *KNOW* how much work it is. And, yes, about 'hoarding' close caches for the COD (cache of the day).

                Go for it!
                BarbJ/Tygress

                The problem now isn't gas.  It's Groundspeak and all those souvenirs they're hanging over our heads.  I too have drank the Koolaid.  I could have gotten an FTF a bike ride away from the house, but have put it off until August.  Did all the work for a puzzle cache walking distance from my office.  Same thing.  Won't be a whole lot of "local" caching until August.

                And it's HOT!!!!!!

                EWB - Tom

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                > Are there no FTF hounds any more?????
                >
                > Will people no longer drive more than 3 miles from home to get a FTF??????
                >
                > Don't people wish those FTF hounds weren't so fast so THEY would have a
                > chance at getting a FTF????
                >
                > Gosh, I published a cache on June 13 in Dimmit County that hasn't had an
                > FTF yet.
                >
                > GC4E77W
                >
                > Now, I realize that this cache is 100 miles from my house in San Antonio,
                > but what's a tank of gas and a lovely ride to the middle of nowhere when
                > there's a FTF involved, huh?  Think of the pride and joy you'll feel when
                > you put your name in that nice, fancy FTF circle of honor!  Think of how
                > many different counties you can add to your map on the way!  Think of the
                > nice things I'll write about you here when I announce the name of the FTF!
                >
                > PLUS!  You'll probably get to visit the silly town of Dilley on your way
                > down there.  But don't Dilley Dalley, because you never know who's right
                > behind you, ALSO hoping to be FTF!
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Julie
                > Mrs. Captain Picard

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:

                New BlackBerry® Z10
                Discover the BlackBerry Z10, built to keep you moving. Get it today.
                BlackBerry.com
              • Dirk
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 16, 2013
                  Dang! I was just down in Pearsall YESTERDAY. I'm going back down Friday so hope to get it then!!

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                  > Are there no FTF hounds any more?????
                  >
                  > Will people no longer drive more than 3 miles from home to get a FTF??????
                  >
                  > Don't people wish those FTF hounds weren't so fast so THEY would have a
                  > chance at getting a FTF????
                  >
                  > Gosh, I published a cache on June 13 in Dimmit County that hasn't had an
                  > FTF yet.
                  >
                  > GC4E77W
                  >
                  > Now, I realize that this cache is 100 miles from my house in San Antonio,
                  > but what's a tank of gas and a lovely ride to the middle of nowhere when
                  > there's a FTF involved, huh? Think of the pride and joy you'll feel when
                  > you put your name in that nice, fancy FTF circle of honor! Think of how
                  > many different counties you can add to your map on the way! Think of the
                  > nice things I'll write about you here when I announce the name of the FTF!
                  >
                  > PLUS! You'll probably get to visit the silly town of Dilley on your way
                  > down there. But don't Dilley Dalley, because you never know who's right
                  > behind you, ALSO hoping to be FTF!
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Julie
                  > Mrs. Captain Picard