Re: Help with Challenge - Geocacher Names (GC3R8C3)

  • gj289fia
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1 1:52 PM
      5erskr - Several caches in the Baytown area.

      5KindsofCrazy - One cache near George Bush Park in Houston

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@...> wrote:

      > I hope to impose on the local geocachers by asking for help with this challenge. I am missing the number 5 - that is, I am looking for a geocacher whose cache name begins with the number 5. Most of the people who have solved it used a cacher named 5/7/5, but they no longer geocache and all of their caches are archived. Anyone between Dallas and Houston would be a great help.

    • gj289fia
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 1:53 PM
        Oops, hit the send to quickly (didn't mean to be rude.

        Gary
        Team Troglodyte

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gj289fia" <gj289fia@...> wrote:

        > 5erskr - Several caches in the Baytown area.
        >
        > 5KindsofCrazy - One cache near George Bush Park in Houston
        >

        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I hope to impose on the local geocachers by asking for help with this challenge. I am missing the number 5 - that is, I am looking for a geocacher whose cache name begins with the number 5. Most of the people who have solved it used a cacher named 5/7/5, but they no longer geocache and all of their caches are archived. Anyone between Dallas and Houston would be a great help.

      • A
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3 10:28 PM
          "5 Reids & 2 Dogs"
          GC1X1EC off Hwy 360 in Austin

          Amy (GS589)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gj289fia" <gj289fia@...> wrote:

          > Oops, hit the send to quickly (didn't mean to be rude.
          >
          > Gary
          > Team Troglodyte
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gj289fia" <gj289fia@> wrote:
          > >

          > > 5erskr - Several caches in the Baytown area.
          > >
          > > 5KindsofCrazy - One cache near George Bush Park in Houston
          > >

          > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "danny_c_champion" <danny.c.champion@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I hope to impose on the local geocachers by asking for help with this challenge. I am missing the number 5 - that is, I am looking for a geocacher whose cache name begins with the number 5. Most of the people who have solved it used a cacher named 5/7/5, but they no longer geocache and all of their caches are archived. Anyone between Dallas and Houston would be a great help.

        • Rachele DiTullio
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8 12:39 PM
            Would this cache count, since the cacher profile associated with the cache is actually reidmpw3 ?

            -strontium87

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 10 2:13 PM
              I see what you mean. On the cache page it says its "5 Reids & 2 Dogs" but when you click on that name it comes up "reidmpw3".
              Perhaps someone more learned can answer.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 10 8:37 PM
                I'd say probably the official owner is how it plays, not what text we write on the cache page.
                But, really, the only one with the definitive answer is the owner of the Challenge Cache itself.
                Write him/her and ask.

                BarbJ/Tygress

                I see what you mean. On the cache page it says its "5 Reids & 2 Dogs" but when you click on that name it comes up "reidmpw3".
                Perhaps someone more learned can answer.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Rachele DiTullio <strontium87@...> wrote:

                > Would this cache count, since the cacher profile associated with the cache
                > is actually reidmpw3 ?
                >
                > -strontium87
                >

                > "5 Reids & 2 Dogs"
                > GC1X1EC off Hwy 360 in Austin
                >
                > Amy (GS589)

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:

                New Policy in Mississippi
                March 2012-Drivers w/ no DUIs may qualify for $9/week car insurance...
                TheFinanceAuthority.com
              • Rachele DiTullio
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2013
                  Just wanted to point out to the group that the Texas 50 State Star series is by cacher name "50 State Star" so finding just one of those will give you a "5" slot for the cacher name challenge.

                  -strontium87/Rachele