Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Beggers Lice

  • Paul Albers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28 3:26 PM
      I cached with a group from Houston a few years ago that had knee high mud boots
      they would put on to wade through beggar's lice (Hackelia), poison ivy, small ditches
      full of water, etc... They kept the beggar's lice off the shoes and socks, but like the
      night cache near you, it doesn't protect you from the ones you get all over your shirt
      too.

      -paul
      HiDude_98

      danny_c_champion wrote:

      I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

      Danny (Racer57)

    • Esther Lopez
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 28 5:15 PM
        You need a "sticker-picker"!  It is a plastic fork that my geofriends, she&he use as their signature item.
        If all else fails, scissors will also work to take them off your socks!
        Esther/BGTx

        I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

        Danny (Racer57)

      • Lou Catozzi
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28 5:56 PM
          On 6/28/2013 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion wrote:

          I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

          Danny (Racer57)

          Ripstop nylon knee-high gaiters!

          PI Joe
        • J Crozier
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28 6:32 PM
            I call 'em KLINGONS!  There is NO defense!

            Cheers,

            On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion <dchampion@...> wrote:

            I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

            Danny (Racer57)

          • Ray Alba
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28 6:53 PM
              I just high step through them, I only get one or two.

              Ray Alba
              Team Scby-Do

              Sent from my iPhone