Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Beggers Lice

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28 3:05 PM
      Hours picking them out over a garbage can.
      Unless they're "DeathStars" -- little spiny (wossnames) from grass. Then you use pliers.
      BarbJ/Tygress

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 28 3:26 PM
        I cached with a group from Houston a few years ago that had knee high mud boots
        they would put on to wade through beggar's lice (Hackelia), poison ivy, small ditches
        full of water, etc... They kept the beggar's lice off the shoes and socks, but like the
        night cache near you, it doesn't protect you from the ones you get all over your shirt
        too.

        -paul
        HiDude_98

        danny_c_champion wrote:

        I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

        Danny (Racer57)

      • Esther Lopez
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28 5:15 PM
          You need a "sticker-picker"!  It is a plastic fork that my geofriends, she&he use as their signature item.
          If all else fails, scissors will also work to take them off your socks!
          Esther/BGTx

          I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

          Danny (Racer57)

        • Lou Catozzi
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28 5:56 PM
            On 6/28/2013 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion wrote:

            I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

            Danny (Racer57)

            Ripstop nylon knee-high gaiters!

            PI Joe
          • J Crozier
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28 6:32 PM
              I call 'em KLINGONS!  There is NO defense!

              Cheers,

              On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion <dchampion@...> wrote:

              I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

              Danny (Racer57)

            • Ray Alba
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 28 6:53 PM
                I just high step through them, I only get one or two.

                Ray Alba
                Team Scby-Do

                Sent from my iPhone