Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Beggers Lice

  • GrnBeret2B
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
      As far as I know you don't. :(  I've had many pairs of socks ruined by them.  They're known as a lot of things, Beggars Lice being one of the kinder terms - you may also hear people in this area refer to them as Klingons.

      Nathaniel
      grn beret 2b

      On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion <dchampion@...> wrote:

      I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

      Danny (Racer57)

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
        Hours picking them out over a garbage can.
        Unless they're "DeathStars" -- little spiny (wossnames) from grass. Then you use pliers.
        BarbJ/Tygress

        I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice.  How do you keep these little things out of your socks?  (I hate being thr new guy.)

        Danny (Racer57)

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        1 Odd spice that FIGHTS diabetes
        Can this unusual "super spice" control your blood sugar and fight diabetes?
        diabetesreversed.com
      • Paul Albers
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
          I cached with a group from Houston a few years ago that had knee high mud boots
          they would put on to wade through beggar's lice (Hackelia), poison ivy, small ditches
          full of water, etc... They kept the beggar's lice off the shoes and socks, but like the
          night cache near you, it doesn't protect you from the ones you get all over your shirt
          too.

          -paul
          HiDude_98

          danny_c_champion wrote:

          I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

          Danny (Racer57)

        • Esther Lopez
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
            You need a "sticker-picker"!  It is a plastic fork that my geofriends, she&he use as their signature item.
            If all else fails, scissors will also work to take them off your socks!
            Esther/BGTx

            I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

            Danny (Racer57)

          • Lou Catozzi
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
              On 6/28/2013 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion wrote:

              I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

              Danny (Racer57)

              Ripstop nylon knee-high gaiters!

              PI Joe
            • J Crozier
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
                I call 'em KLINGONS!  There is NO defense!

                Cheers,

                On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion <dchampion@...> wrote:

                I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

                Danny (Racer57)

              • Ray Alba
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
                  I just high step through them, I only get one or two.

                  Ray Alba
                  Team Scby-Do

                  Sent from my iPhone