Beggers Lice

  • danny_c_champion
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
      I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

      Danny (Racer57)
    • GrnBeret2B
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
        As far as I know you don't. :(  I've had many pairs of socks ruined by them.  They're known as a lot of things, Beggars Lice being one of the kinder terms - you may also hear people in this area refer to them as Klingons.

        Nathaniel
        grn beret 2b

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
          Hours picking them out over a garbage can.
          Unless they're "DeathStars" -- little spiny (wossnames) from grass. Then you use pliers.
          BarbJ/Tygress

          I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice.  How do you keep these little things out of your socks?  (I hate being thr new guy.)

          Danny (Racer57)

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          1 Odd spice that FIGHTS diabetes
          Can this unusual "super spice" control your blood sugar and fight diabetes?
          diabetesreversed.com
        • Paul Albers
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
            I cached with a group from Houston a few years ago that had knee high mud boots
            they would put on to wade through beggar's lice (Hackelia), poison ivy, small ditches
            full of water, etc... They kept the beggar's lice off the shoes and socks, but like the
            night cache near you, it doesn't protect you from the ones you get all over your shirt
            too.

            -paul
            HiDude_98

            danny_c_champion wrote:

            I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

            Danny (Racer57)

          • Esther Lopez
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
              You need a "sticker-picker"!  It is a plastic fork that my geofriends, she&he use as their signature item.
              If all else fails, scissors will also work to take them off your socks!
              Esther/BGTx

              I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

              Danny (Racer57)

            • Lou Catozzi
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
                On 6/28/2013 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion wrote:

                I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

                Danny (Racer57)

                Ripstop nylon knee-high gaiters!

                PI Joe
              • J Crozier
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
                  I call 'em KLINGONS!  There is NO defense!

                  Cheers,

                  On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM, danny_c_champion <dchampion@...> wrote:

                  I have been told that those little burrs that look like a grain of rice covered in Velcro are called beggers lice. How do you keep these little things out of your socks? (I hate being thr new guy.)

                  Danny (Racer57)

                • Ray Alba
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
                    I just high step through them, I only get one or two.

                    Ray Alba
                    Team Scby-Do

                    Sent from my iPhone