Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Geocoin protocol

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22 9:45 AM
      If you have a particular mission, by all means, include it with the coin. It's a favor to those who pick it up.
      Coins with no mission go wherever. And kind of annoy those of us who pick them up and then move them contrary to the mission because we didn't know. (No, I'm NOT going to look your TB up out in the field.)

      Also, when there is a mission attached, there's a LITTLE less chance of them being "mistaken" for swag. Though be prepared to have them go missing. Never send out anything you're not prepared to 'lose.'
      That said, I've got some that keep going and going, and others that didn't survive the first handoff.

      Oh, and if you mission has something like 'write about your favorite cache!' or 'take a picture with...!' be prepared to have only about 1 in 10 follow through on it. =shrug= But any log and any miles are good miles!

      As for where to start it... anywhere big enough. One among many means they may sit a little longer -- but people go specifically to travel bug hotels to swap TBs.

      Have fun!

      BarbJ/Tygress