Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Congrats to JForceATX!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
      awesome...
      Still have 4 to do... oh well...
      Tygress -challenge? what challenge?- BarbJ

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 18, 2013
        Congratulations, indeed!  Those caches are strewn far and wide.

        I remember that cache quite well.  When it popped up, I had all but four of the caches I needed, but wouldn't you know it, each one was in a different direction from Austin.  I chased down North, South and West, but the last one I needed was the river cache out in Bastrop.  Gol darn, I know I took at least two recon trips out there to see if I could get it from land, but it was on an island in the middle of the river, and I just wasn't about to jump in and swim to it without someone else available to rescue me.  I know the hike through the cow-patty-strewn field from the closest road was over a half mile, and then the river bank was lined with poison ivy.  All that work and it was a no-go to the cache.  Sigh.

        Luckily, Acclanman had a friend with a canoe, and the two of us tiny little women hauled that HEAVY thing out to Bastrop and we went after it the way you were supposed to.  Good times!

        The awesome thing about geocaching is that it gives you a chance to go beyond the ordinary, if you choose.  The satisfaction of being FTF on such a challenge, of going to extraordinary lengths to meet a goal, and of knowing you have good friends to do it with are PRICELESS!

        Congratulations Jim!
        Cheers,