Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] best iOS app to handle ad-hoc navigation to coords?

  • Mike Detlefsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2013
      Geosphere is head and shoulders above any other geo app, IMHO. It has sorting and filtering options that no other geo app has. It's got a learning curve, but it's my choice for geocaching. It's the only IOS app I continue to use after switching to the Android platform.

      Mike

      On 17 Jun 2013, at 12:59 , Nick Silkey wrote:

      Hello --

      My lovely wife suprised me with some family caching for Fathers Day.  First time in years. :)

      One thing we struck out with was the redirection on Spicewood's Medieval Castle <http://coord.info/GC1XA42>.  We couldnt easily come up with a good way to amend the nav waypoint to go to the redirector using the Groundspeak Geocaching app.  A quick roadside check of the app store didnt reveal any flagrant winners in the area of ad-hoc navigation to coords.

      So any advice on how to cache with an iPhone when you encounter multis, offsets, etc?

      Let me know.  Thanks!

      -nick
      filler & bcat