Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] best iOS app to handle ad-hoc navigation to coords?

  • Dave Read
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2013
      It's easy to do with the official app. With the navigation map open, click the "..." button in the upper right corner of the screen, and pick "add waypoint." Give it your new coords. When done, you should see an orange flag on the map. Click the flag and then click the blue circle with the > in it. Pick "set as target" from the menu that pops up. Done!

      Dave
      Team Landshark

      On Jun 17, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Nick Silkey <nick@...> wrote:

      Hello --

      My lovely wife suprised me with some family caching for Fathers Day.  First time in years. :)

      One thing we struck out with was the redirection on Spicewood's Medieval Castle <http://coord.info/GC1XA42>.  We couldnt easily come up with a good way to amend the nav waypoint to go to the redirector using the Groundspeak Geocaching app.  A quick roadside check of the app store didnt reveal any flagrant winners in the area of ad-hoc navigation to coords.

      So any advice on how to cache with an iPhone when you encounter multis, offsets, etc?

      Let me know.  Thanks!

      -nick
      filler & bcat

    • Mike Detlefsen