Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Congrats to JForceATX!!

  • Shawn Olsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
      Woohoo that is awesome!!! Congrats Jim way to go!!

      I did get a bunch of those, but still need quite a few so it is not happening!!

      Shawn/s6sputnik

      On Jun 17, 2013, at 12:15 PM, "arnaud.geo" <soaringeagle@...> wrote:

      Jim (JForceATX)was the first person to finish GC1P32J "Best of Centex 2008 Challenge Cache" in nearly 4 years!!!

      See his log:
      http://coord.info/GLB8KW43

      Who will be next? Only 4 have found it so far. Who will be next?

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
        awesome...
        Still have 4 to do... oh well...
        Tygress -challenge? what challenge?- BarbJ

        Jim (JForceATX)was the first person to finish GC1P32J "Best of Centex 2008 Challenge Cache" in nearly 4 years!!!

        See his log:
        http://coord.info/GLB8KW43

        Who will be next? Only 4 have found it so far.  Who will be next?

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        Political system upset?
        Democrats BIG advantage in America about to completely vanish
        stansberryresearch.com
      • J Crozier
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 18, 2013
          Congratulations, indeed!  Those caches are strewn far and wide.

          I remember that cache quite well.  When it popped up, I had all but four of the caches I needed, but wouldn't you know it, each one was in a different direction from Austin.  I chased down North, South and West, but the last one I needed was the river cache out in Bastrop.  Gol darn, I know I took at least two recon trips out there to see if I could get it from land, but it was on an island in the middle of the river, and I just wasn't about to jump in and swim to it without someone else available to rescue me.  I know the hike through the cow-patty-strewn field from the closest road was over a half mile, and then the river bank was lined with poison ivy.  All that work and it was a no-go to the cache.  Sigh.

          Luckily, Acclanman had a friend with a canoe, and the two of us tiny little women hauled that HEAVY thing out to Bastrop and we went after it the way you were supposed to.  Good times!

          The awesome thing about geocaching is that it gives you a chance to go beyond the ordinary, if you choose.  The satisfaction of being FTF on such a challenge, of going to extraordinary lengths to meet a goal, and of knowing you have good friends to do it with are PRICELESS!

          Congratulations Jim!
          Cheers,