Free maps for eTREX 30

  • danny_c_champion
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
      If I am plowing old ground, please feel free to beat me up.

      I just moved from New Mexico and I was able to load very detailed maps for the entire state of New Mexico on my eTREX 30.

      Is there a similar site allowing me to load detailed maps onto my GPS for different places in Texas (i.e. Central Texas)?

      Thanks
      Racer57 (Danny)
    • J Crozier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2013
        Hi Danny,
        Welcome to Central Texas!

        The answer to your question is yes!  Open Street Maps has free maps for anywhere in the world!  You select as much or as little as you need.

        Enjoy!
        Cheers,

        On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM, danny_c_champion <dchampion@...> wrote:

        If I am plowing old ground, please feel free to beat me up.

        I just moved from New Mexico and I was able to load very detailed maps for the entire state of New Mexico on my eTREX 30.

        Is there a similar site allowing me to load detailed maps onto my GPS for different places in Texas (i.e. Central Texas)?

        Thanks
        Racer57 (Danny)

      • Danny Champion
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2013

          Thanks to everyone who answered.

          I downloaded four tiles around the Austin area and loaded them on my GPS.  The maps within those four files look fantastic.  However, anything outside of those four tiles is blank.  Do I have to do something on my GPS to get the low quality data to pop up when I am outside those four tiles?

          Thanks,

          Danny (Racer57)