DC - Interesting Member

  • jestrrulz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2013
      I was sending some verification e-mails for some caches I did today and checking out some more caches for tomorrow. I noticed a series of sort - kinda. The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History has their own GC account (Smithsonian NMNH) and has a GeoWeb series. "The National Museum of Natural History geotour, launched on April 2, 2013, consists of nine caches in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia." I won't be able to get all of them in the tour, but I'm going to nine (some non-tour related) that are around that building alone.

      It's awesome when national organizations get involved! I love this sport - wish I took the time to do it more!

      Jeri / JestrRulz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
        coolnesss!

        I was sending some verification e-mails for some caches I did today and checking out some more caches for tomorrow. I noticed a series of sort - kinda. The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History has their own GC account (Smithsonian NMNH) and has a GeoWeb series. "The National Museum of Natural History geotour, launched on April 2, 2013, consists of nine caches in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia." I won't be able to get all of them in the tour, but I'm going to nine (some non-tour related) that are around that building alone.

        It's awesome when national organizations get involved! I love this sport - wish I took the time to do it more!

        Jeri / JestrRulz

        Weird but easy
        Use this simple trick to collect silver from practically any bank
        stansberryresearch.com
      • J Crozier
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
          The San Antonio Zoo has also started placing caches inside the zoo.  Since there's a $12 admission fee, this should generate a bit of revenue for them.  If they're on it, they'll change out the caches periodically to keep people coming back.  That being said, we haven't popped for admission yet, but we have a 3 year old granddaughter that may be heading to the zoo with her Lolli and Pop soon......
          Cheers,