Re: TxGA Geocache of the Week - Central Texas

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2013
      If Cache of the Week keeps going I'll use this one next. I had to verify this is the one I thought it was. Gave it a favorite while I was there. I found that cache over 3 years ago, and it was either last week or the week before that I was talking about the final. Yeah, I won't feel cheated if I never see a tornado in person.

      EWB - Tom

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

      > If you're looking for something topical, I HIGHLY recommend Moosiegirl's
      > cache F5 - Dead Man's Walking (GCJFXT). This is truly caching at it's
      > best. F5 is a powerful emotional experience created through a geocache.
      > It may not get the visitors it deserves because it's a little out of the
      > way and it's a multi cache, but it is a cache that takes geocaching to a
      > higher level.
      >
      > For anyone who has not experienced this cache, it is located in Jarrel,
      > just off IH35. Plan to spend about 20 or 30 minutes doing the cache, and
      > pay particular attention to your surroundings. If you don't know where you
      > are when you're signing the cache log, then ask someone from the
      > neighborhood.
      >
      > I nominate GCJFXT to be the next Geocache of the Week.
      > Cheers,
      > Julie
      > Mrs. Captain Picard
      >

      > On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM, electric_water_boy <
      > electric_water_boy@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Well here's the dirty laundry...
      > >
      > > When TxGA started the cache of the week thing I deferred CenTex's week so
      > > that we could have Barney Smith last week for his birthday. We even
      > > discussed stuff. But it was forgotten or whatever and South Texas had
      > > Barney Smith as cache of the week last week. I'm not a happy camper about
      > > it. But it doesn't matter. Since there was only one other reply, it tells
      > > me cache of the week isn't that big of a deal yet. You have to go to the
      > > TxGA web site to see this stuff. How many CenTex people visit the site?
      > > Wish more did. Anyway, I'm going to tell them we chose CenTex Prime because
      > > it was old.
      > >
      > > EWB - Tom
      > >

      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, J Crozier
      > > <mrscaptainpicard@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Barney's Toilet Seat Art Museum! Let's get as many people to visit
      > > > Barney's as possible before Barney isn't there any more. He's a Central
      > > > Texas TREASURE.
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      > > > Julie
      > > > Mrs. Captain Picard

      > > Geocache
      > > need
      > > and
      > > time

    • s6sputnik
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2013
        This one has a beautiful view!

        Breath Taking View -GC15PEN

        Shawn/S6sputnik

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2013
          The next CenTex member who visits could be helpful to the deployed cache owner and do some cache maintenance.

          Russ the Waterweasel