TxGA Geocache of the Week - Central Texas

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013
      We (Ok, YOU) need to pick a central Texas geocache for the TxGA Geocache of the Week. I had picked one when this started but... never mind. We need another. Let's not use Necropolis right now. So, give me a cache name and GC and a brief write up of why it should be cache of the week. Since time is important here I'm liely to use the first one posted.

      EWB - Tom
    • Lou Catozzi
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013
        On 6/1/2013 1:23 PM, electric_water_boy wrote:

        We (Ok, YOU) need to pick a central Texas geocache for the TxGA Geocache of the Week. I had picked one when this started but... never mind. We need another. Let's not use Necropolis right now. So, give me a cache name and GC and a brief write up of why it should be cache of the week. Since time is important here I'm liely to use the first one posted.

        EWB - Tom

        I have not been active for several years until just recently but I have found a few great caches lately in the greenbelt trails of the Great Hills area. I don't know if these have been listed before but I have really enjoyed the Great Hill Puzzle Series and it's finale Hidato (GC2EV5R). This series is a great mix of challenging puzzles and some good greenbelt trail caches.

        PI Joe
      • Rachele DiTullio

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013
            Barney's Toilet Seat Art Museum!  Let's get as many people to visit Barney's as possible before Barney isn't there any more.  He's a Central Texas TREASURE.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013
              Well here's the dirty laundry...

              When TxGA started the cache of the week thing I deferred CenTex's week so that we could have Barney Smith last week for his birthday. We even discussed stuff. But it was forgotten or whatever and South Texas had Barney Smith as cache of the week last week. I'm not a happy camper about it. But it doesn't matter. Since there was only one other reply, it tells me cache of the week isn't that big of a deal yet. You have to go to the TxGA web site to see this stuff. How many CenTex people visit the site? Wish more did. Anyway, I'm going to tell them we chose CenTex Prime because it was old.

              EWB - Tom

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

              > Barney's Toilet Seat Art Museum! Let's get as many people to visit
              > Barney's as possible before Barney isn't there any more. He's a Central
              > Texas TREASURE.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Julie
              > Mrs. Captain Picard
              >

              > On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM, electric_water_boy <
              > electric_water_boy@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > We (Ok, YOU) need to pick a central Texas geocache for the TxGA Geocache
              > > of the Week. I had picked one when this started but... never mind. We need
              > > another. Let's not use Necropolis right now. So, give me a cache name and
              > > GC and a brief write up of why it should be cache of the week. Since time
              > > is important here I'm liely to use the first one posted.
              > >
              > > EWB - Tom

            • Jay Bingham
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 1, 2013

                Good Choice. I like CenTex Prime, because it is the first cache in Central Texas and it is still there. That says a lot, well at least to me it does.

                --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
                |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                When TxGA started the cache of the week thing I deferred CenTex's week so that we could have Barney Smith last week for his birthday. We even discussed stuff. But it was forgotten or whatever and South Texas had Barney Smith as cache of the week last week. I'm not a happy camper about it. But it doesn't matter. Since there was only one other reply, it tells me cache of the week isn't that big of a deal yet. You have to go to the TxGA web site to see this stuff. How many CenTex people visit the site? Wish more did. Anyway, I'm going to tell them we chose CenTex Prime because it was old.

                EWB - Tom

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                > Barney's Toilet
                Seat Art Museum ! Let's get as many people to visit
                > Barney's as possible before Barney isn't there any more. He's a Central
                > Texas
                TREASURE.

                > Cheers,
                > Julie
                > Mrs. Captain Picard
                >

                > On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM, electric_water_boy <
                > electric_water_boy@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > We (Ok, YOU) need to pick a central
                w:st="on">Texas geocache for the TxGA Geocache
                > > of the Week. I had picked one when this started but... never mind. We
                need
                > > another. Let's not use Necropolis right now. So, give me a cache name
                and
                > > GC and a brief write up of why it should be cache of the week. Since
                time
                > > is important here I'm liely to use the first one posted.
                > >
                > > EWB - Tom

              • J Crozier
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2013
                  If you're looking for something topical, I HIGHLY recommend Moosiegirl's cache F5 - Dead Man's Walking (GCJFXT).  This is truly caching at it's best.  F5 is a powerful emotional experience created through a geocache.  It may not get the visitors it deserves because it's a little out of the way and it's a multi cache, but it is a cache that takes geocaching to a higher level.

                  For anyone who has not experienced this cache, it is located in Jarrel, just off IH35.  Plan to spend about 20 or 30 minutes doing the cache, and pay particular attention to your surroundings.  If you don't know where you are when you're signing the cache log, then ask someone from the neighborhood.

                  I nominate GCJFXT to be the next Geocache of the Week.
                  Cheers,

                  On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM, electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

                  Well here's the dirty laundry...

                  When TxGA started the cache of the week thing I deferred CenTex's week so that we could have Barney Smith last week for his birthday. We even discussed stuff. But it was forgotten or whatever and South Texas had Barney Smith as cache of the week last week. I'm not a happy camper about it. But it doesn't matter. Since there was only one other reply, it tells me cache of the week isn't that big of a deal yet. You have to go to the TxGA web site to see this stuff. How many CenTex people visit the site? Wish more did. Anyway, I'm going to tell them we chose CenTex Prime because it was old.

                  EWB - Tom

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                  > Barney's Toilet Seat Art Museum! Let's get as many people to visit
                  > Barney's as possible before Barney isn't there any more. He's a Central
                  > Texas TREASURE.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Julie
                  > Mrs. Captain Picard
                  >

                  > On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM, electric_water_boy <
                  > electric_water_boy@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **

                  > > We (Ok, YOU) need to pick a central Texas geocache for the TxGA Geocache
                  > > of the Week. I had picked one when this started but... never mind. We need
                  > > another. Let's not use Necropolis right now. So, give me a cache name and
                  > > GC and a brief write up of why it should be cache of the week. Since time
                  > > is important here I'm liely to use the first one posted.
                  > >
                  > > EWB - Tom

                • electric_water_boy
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 3, 2013
                    If Cache of the Week keeps going I'll use this one next. I had to verify this is the one I thought it was. Gave it a favorite while I was there. I found that cache over 3 years ago, and it was either last week or the week before that I was talking about the final. Yeah, I won't feel cheated if I never see a tornado in person.

                  • s6sputnik
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 3, 2013
                      This one has a beautiful view!

                      Breath Taking View -GC15PEN

                      Shawn/S6sputnik

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2013
                        The next CenTex member who visits could be helpful to the deployed cache owner and do some cache maintenance.

                        Russ the Waterweasel