FW: TEN AWESOME SETS of STAIRS!

    Message 1 of 8 , May 31 5:59 AM

      Maybe, maybe not...
      OTOH, if there's a geocache!!!

      Some vacation ideas.

      Bob

      WOW...and without handrails......but it looks like fun.
      No way would I ever attempt to climb any of these stairs.

      Stair ways to ....?
      http://www.cookingideas.es/10-impresionantes-escaleras-no-aptas-para-gente-con-vertigo-20121108.html/025_kolodec-8
      For many, the stairs are something to avoid, unless you're determined to lose some weight. But lovers of nature and spectacular views are more than used to climb steps and more steps to recreate the view.
      This list of steps is also a challenge for those who  are a little dizzy. Created leveraging
      recesses of mountains and landforms, and sometimes directly on the spot to go, will be the stars of curses and anecdotes alike.
      Peldaños del Cañón
      Where you are: Pailon del Diablo, Ecuador
      Where are they going? Designed to descend to the bottom of one of the most famous waterfalls in South America, along the way, lost in the fog in many cases, it is extremely slippery and steep for several tens of meters to a lookout where you can see a dramatic effect, accompanied hummingbirds,gulls and other local birds.

      El pozo de Chand Baori
      Where you are: India
      Where are they going? The decline of these steps leads to a huge pool, built in the tenth century to overcome the lack of rainfall in the region and store water for long periods. The structure has a total of 3,500 steps, and down to a depth of 30 meters. It is up then with water, clear
      .
      Stairs Elbe Sandstone Mountains Where you are: Dresden, Germany Where are they going? Stairs carved into the stone itself of these mountains. They date from the 13th century and have been eroded by wind and water, but there are still being used daily by tourists. 487steps, though not enough, were restored and expanded in the eighteenth century to facilitate transit.
      http://www.cookingideas.es/10-impresionantes-escaleras-no-aptas-para-gente-con-vertigo-20121108.html/025_kolodec-5
      The Rock of Guatapé
      Where you are: Antioquia, Colombia
      Where are they going? The rock is an authentic stone monolith of 220 meters. The steps are constructed with cement, directly on the rock and making a curious place that facilitated cleavagestructure. Some 702 steps are to be followed to reach its peak.
      http://www.cookingideas.es/10-impresionantes-escaleras-no-aptas-para-gente-con-vertigo-20121108.html/025_kolodec-4
      The ladder Haiku
      Where you are: Oahu, Hawaii
      Material: metal
      Where are they going? On the small island of Oahu there is this tremendous journey of 3922 steps,climbing, cross and down a hill of 850 meters. They were created to facilitate the installation of a satellite in 1942. In principle wood, were modernized in the '50s, but since 1987 are closed to the public.
      The Inca Trail
      Where you are: Peru
      Where are they going? An ancient trade route linking the city of Cuzco to Machu Pichu. For the rugged geography of the area, the Inca Trail and forced detours around to evolve between hills andmountains. The result: miles and miles of stairs, in some cases very precarious, as the famous floating staircases.
      Ladder Via Crucis
      Where you are: Bermeo, Basque Country, Spain
      Where are they going? This endless row of stairs attached to the rock coast where a small churchdating from the tenth century and seems to be of Templar.
      To reach the hermitage of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe have to climb 231 steps and there are gaps in the steps that are identified as the footsteps of St. John himself, who are given different healing powers.For example, you have to put your feet in them as a solution for corns or left hats, scarves or chapelas,to cure the headache.
      http://www.cookingideas.es/imagenes/cielo.jpg?9d7bd4
      Spiral staircase in the Taihang Mountains
      Where you are: At the boundary between the provinces of Shanxi and Henan, China
      Where are they going? This spiral staircase of almost 100 meters have been installed recently in an attempt to attract thousands of tourists each year to the beautiful Taihang Mountains.
      Before undertaking the ascent asks visitors to sign forms to ensure they do not have heart problems orlungs, and are under age 60. And is that a slip in a narrow metal ladder as you certainly can lead to heaven, as the song of Led Zeppelin.
      http://www.cookingideas.es/imagenes/escalerasdef.jpg?9d7bd4
      Wayna Pichu
      Where you are: Machu Picchu, Peru
      Where are they going? Stairs carved into the rock that crown a climb of about 360 meters from MachuPicchu itself. In some sections, the ascent is complicated to pass through narrow sections and smallsteps and eroded. The rise time is calculated from one hour and 90 minutes. He said soon: 90 minutesclimbing stairs! Only allowed promotion to 400 tourists a day and closes access from 1pm. Just in case.

      Discover New Music
      Follow Your Friends, Favorite Bands & Playlists. One Step to Spotify!
      spotify.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 31 7:47 AM
        The first and third look like Escher designed them.

        Russ the Waterweasel

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 22, 2013
          No logs displaying for my geocaches on gc.com.

          Anyone know why?

          Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)

          aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)

          aka Much, The Miller's Son (Renaissance)

        • Barry
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 22, 2013
            Also, geocaches I logged through my app from geocaching.com are not showing up when I go there from my PC...
            Can someone tell me what's going on?

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 22, 2013
              I was able to log in and see the logs.   If you have other browsers, please try those, it could be a computer glitch, cache issue, or gremlins...

              Greg Jewett
              Geocache/Munzee Handle:  GeoJewett
              (512) 627-7290
              geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
              http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
              http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
              http://www.munzee.com/m/GeoJewett/

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 22, 2013
                I've tried both in IE 9 and Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 m (the latest version).
                So it's not a browser setting.  I can't find any setting in my GC.com account that would trigger logs being displayed or not.
                This sucks....