Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Quick caches in Nassau?

  • J Crozier
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7 6:46 AM
      Yay for cruise caching!!!!!  Footnotes coach and I have cached in Nassau and recommend GC2CXZQ Queen's Stair Case.  It's a little farther to walk to than other caches (maybe .4mi), but the Queen's Stair Case is one of the attractions tourists go to see in Nassau anyway.  All the vendors around are aware of the cache, so you don't have to worry about being stealthy.  They'll help you find it.  After finding the cache and ascending up the Queen's Stair Case, there's a virtual at a historic water tower with an awesome view of the whole town.  That's a two-fer that your family will enjoy whether you're caching or not!  Approach the Queen's staircase from the intersection of Sands and Elizabeth.  I'm sure there will be signs.  Have a great time in Nassau!
      Cheers,

      On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Heather Ford <urania@...> wrote:

      All -

      The Ford family is taking our first vacation since the Young Lords of Chaos were born, and we're cruising to Nassau and Castaway Cay on the Disney Dream in mid-June.  I'm not going to have a lot of time to invest in caching with family (and extended family) in tow, but if anyone can recommend a cache or two within walking distance of port, I'd sure appreciate it!

      Heather Ford/Ronin's Gal (determined to get my first international find!!)

    • Heather Ford
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7 8:33 PM
        Thanks, Julie!  I love virtuals, and I wanted to see the Queen's Staircase anyway!

        Heather/Ronin's Gal