Local parks get ZERO in latest TX budget

  • Matthew Manning
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 10:48 AM

      I got this in an email and I thought this group might want to see it.

      UnlikelyPirate

      On Apr 20, 2013 11:02 PM, "Indigo Parrish" <indigo.parrish@...> wrote:

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Esther Lopez <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

      > Whoop! Check out the photo credit!!!!!!!
      > Our very own IP!!!!
      >

      > Esther/BGTx

      Thank you so much for bringing that blog post to my attention!!

      That was a fun day. I was working on the "I've Been Everywhere" Challenge with Dinosaur Valley as the highlight of my road trip. My dad wanted to tag along and when we read the info about the T-Rex statue he realized he had seen this very statue 45 years earlier in New York at the 1964 World's Fair. Bizarre that they crossed paths again so many years later in Texas. And the dinosaur tracks in the park are super cool.

      -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

    • electric_water_boy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30 5:19 AM
        Cheryl (CADrake), and Roger and Mary (Hazzmer, and I went to a meeting about this last night. While it is true that the parks at this time seem to have got most of their funding back, this 15.5 million still needs support. Actually, it all still needs support because it ain't over until it's over.

        Don't just call the guys on the list below, call your own representative as well. Don't bother with email. Phone calls work the best.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Manning <bananapoo@...> wrote:

        > I got this in an email and I thought this group might want to see it.
        >
        > UnlikelyPirate

      • electric_water_boy
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30 10:47 AM
          Should have added this website for a lot more information:

          http://www.keeptexasparksopen.com/

          EWB - Tom