Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Multi Caching for Dummies

  • GrnBeret2B
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2013
      I think the others have covered the basics of multis, just don't start with MONSTER (http://coord.info/GCKGF2), or you'll never want to go near a multi again!

      ~~Nathaniel
      a.k.a. GrnBeret2B

      On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Craig and Amy <monkey4@...> wrote:

      So far I have been sticking with traditional caches. but there is a multi so close to home that I've been thinking about trying. I just don't know where to start. Are the posted coordinates the starting point? Any advice would be great.

    • Lyn
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2013
        Yes, the posted coords are the starting point,  and when you find the first stage instead of a logbook you will find the coords for the next stage,  The log will be in the last stage.  I can't speak for the multis in SA, but other places I have cached multis I have found that sometimes all the stages are within a short distance of each other, other times across town from each other, some are 2 stages and other times 6 or 7 stages.  Owners choice. Hope this helps and Happy hunting,

        .Lyn aka 4everlyn

        So far I have been sticking with traditional caches. but there is a multi so close to home that I've been thinking about trying. I just don't know where to start. Are the posted coordinates the starting point? Any advice would be great.

      • Craig and Amy Higgason
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2013
          Thanks for all the tips regarding multis. I guess I was a little intimidated by them. I am ready to go tackle one to add some variety to my finds.

          Craig the happycampers97