Re: Shameless Cache Promotion

  • bigguy9211116
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 21, 2013
      There is nothing to be ashamed about with this cache and I am just sorry that I didn't post here myself!
      This is a very well thought out and executed cache. It is a multi, but self-contained enough to be done quickly. Egsg, DrPflug, and I had fun finding it and guarantee you will too!

      Esther/BGTx
    • Joe Doetsch
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 21, 2013
        Haven't had a chance to look for this one yet but I will soon. I know the area very well as I went to school at acc north ridge and lived in some apartments nearby about a decade ago. Lol.

        I will check it out soon. Thanks for it!

        Austin Joe

        Joe Doetsch
        512-853-0080
        Austinjoe@...

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 21, 2013, at 10:10 AM, "jebjar" <bweeks44@...> wrote:

        OK, I admit it! This is a shameless cache promotion but Mh171 and I put a lot of work into the following multi-cache only because we wanted people to enjoy it. I think it's a very fun cache and already gotten favorite votes from geocachers like BigGuy and HiDude but hasn't gotten the attention I thought it derserves. If I'm out of line promoting it this way, tis easier to ask for forgiveness now!

        Electric Island

        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6bb39f2c-ced1-4d18-b542-650c1e2feb85

        Enjoy!

        Bob
        aka JEBJAR

      • J Crozier
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 22, 2013
          Especially on multi's, to encourage people to go, it's helpful to give a description of the number of states and/or the time commitment required.  Right now, you've got it listed as a 4-star difficulty multi cache, which may put a lot of people off. But if you said it was a 4-star multi with (say) 3 stages that can be done in 30 minutes, that might give people enough information to let them know that they won't be stuck all day doing it.  Now, if they WILL be stuck all day doing it, I can't help ya'!  But it probably wouldn't hurt to mention that little fact either, just because it helps people decide which caches they want to do or avoid.  [:D]

          And then, one of the facts that we cache hiders face is that once a cache is published, it's out of our hands, and we can't control who finds it, what they say about it, whether they grant favorites, put it back right, tighten the lid, trade fairly, move the trackables quickly, etc. etc.etc.  But it sure is great when all of those things happen!

          Good luck!

          On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM, jebjar <bweeks44@...> wrote:

          OK, I admit it! This is a shameless cache promotion but Mh171 and I put a lot of work into the following multi-cache only because we wanted people to enjoy it. I think it's a very fun cache and already gotten favorite votes from geocachers like BigGuy and HiDude but hasn't gotten the attention I thought it derserves. If I'm out of line promoting it this way, tis easier to ask for forgiveness now!

          Electric Island

          http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6bb39f2c-ced1-4d18-b542-650c1e2feb85

          Enjoy!

          Bob
          aka JEBJAR

        • bushman_family
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 22, 2013
            Not at all! So happy you shared this. I love the creative ones. Have gotten bored with a lot of the others out there. Can't wait to do it.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "jebjar" <bweeks44@...> wrote:

            > OK, I admit it! This is a shameless cache promotion but Mh171 and I put a lot of work into the following multi-cache only because we wanted people to enjoy it. I think it's a very fun cache and already gotten favorite votes from geocachers like BigGuy and HiDude but hasn't gotten the attention I thought it derserves. If I'm out of line promoting it this way, tis easier to ask for forgiveness now!
            >
            > Electric Island
            >
            > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6bb39f2c-ced1-4d18-b542-650c1e2feb85
            >
            > Enjoy!
            >
            > Bob
            > aka JEBJAR

          • jebjar
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 26, 2013
              Thanks for the tip, I added how many stages are on Electric Island. I think it's a relatively short time frame for finding this multi and out of the six cachers who have found it, 5 have given it a favorite point! That's not a bad average, batting .833!!

              Bob
              aka JEBJAR