Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] GetLocations macro

  • Paul Albers
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 20, 2013
      Sorry, a line got deleted when I was formatting. Should look like:

      Open GSAK
      Select Waypoint Menu
      Select "Custom Data"
      Click the "Fields" button
      Click "+ Add" button

      Use these settings:

      Field Name = Place
      Type = String
      "Edit box" leave "Standard" checked
      Scope = select All Databases
      Sequence = 10

      Click OK

      Next, you will need to add "Place" to your display, but doing the following:

      Go to the "Tools" menu
      Select "Options"
      Click on the "Display" tab
      You will see "Place" listed on the left hand side in the "Custom data fields" box.
      Check this box.
    • Toni
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
        Thanks Paul. Got it. And I still didn't qualify for the cache. lol

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

        > Sorry, a line got deleted when I was formatting. Should look like:
        >
        > Open GSAK
        > Select Waypoint Menu
        > Select "Custom Data"
        > Click the "Fields" button
        > Click "+ Add" button
        >
        > Use these settings:
        >
        > Field Name = Place
        > Type = String
        > "Edit box" leave "Standard" checked
        > Scope = select All Databases
        > Sequence = 10
        >
        > Click OK
        >
        > Next, you will need to add "Place" to your display, but doing the following:
        >
        > Go to the "Tools" menu
        > Select "Options"
        > Click on the "Display" tab
        > You will see "Place" listed on the left hand side in the "Custom data
        > fields" box.
        > Check this box.

      • bushman_family
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 8:35 PM
          How do you get the counties? I added counties but not sure how to bring them in.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

          > Sorry, a line got deleted when I was formatting. Should look like:
          >
          > Open GSAK
          > Select Waypoint Menu
          > Select "Custom Data"
          > Click the "Fields" button
          > Click "+ Add" button
          >
          > Use these settings:
          >
          > Field Name = Place
          > Type = String
          > "Edit box" leave "Standard" checked
          > Scope = select All Databases
          > Sequence = 10
          >
          > Click OK
          >
          > Next, you will need to add "Place" to your display, but doing the following:
          >
          > Go to the "Tools" menu
          > Select "Options"
          > Click on the "Display" tab
          > You will see "Place" listed on the left hand side in the "Custom data
          > fields" box.
          > Check this box.

        • Paul Albers
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2 7:52 AM
            I use the CheckCounties macro by lignumaqua, which can be downloaded
            here:

            http://gsak.net/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=181914

            The thread that talks a little about it and it's history is here:

            http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=8588&view=findpost&p=181914

            Other use the CountryStateCounty macro found in this thread:

            http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=10074&st=0&#entry65322

            Best Regards,

            -paul
            HiDude_98