GetLocations macro

  • Toni
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 20, 2013
      When I run the GetLocations macro, nothing is happening. How do I get the column for the city?
    • Paul Albers
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20, 2013
        Here is what I did:

        Open GSAK
        Select Waypoint Menu
        Select "Custom Data"
        Click the "Fields" button

        Use these settings:

        Field Name = Place
        Type = String
        "Edit box" leave "Standard" checked
        Scope = select All Databases
        Sequence = 10

        Click OK

        Next, you will need to add "Place" to your display, but doing the following:

        Go to the "Tools" menu
        Select "Options"
        Click on the "Display" tab
        You will see "Place" listed on the left hand side in the "Custom data fields" box.
        Check this box.

        Good luck,

        -paul
        HiDude_98

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20, 2013
          Sorry, a line got deleted when I was formatting. Should look like:

          Open GSAK
          Select Waypoint Menu
          Select "Custom Data"
          Click the "Fields" button
          Click "+ Add" button

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 2013
            Thanks Paul. Got it. And I still didn't qualify for the cache. lol

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

            > Sorry, a line got deleted when I was formatting. Should look like:
            >
            > Open GSAK
            > Select Waypoint Menu
            > Select "Custom Data"
            > Click the "Fields" button
            > Click "+ Add" button
            >
            > Use these settings:
            >
            > Field Name = Place
            > Type = String
            > "Edit box" leave "Standard" checked
            > Scope = select All Databases
            > Sequence = 10
            >
            > Click OK
            >
            > Next, you will need to add "Place" to your display, but doing the following:
            >
            > Go to the "Tools" menu
            > Select "Options"
            > Click on the "Display" tab
            > You will see "Place" listed on the left hand side in the "Custom data
            > fields" box.
            > Check this box.

          • bushman_family
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2013
              How do you get the counties? I added counties but not sure how to bring them in.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Albers <palbers@...> wrote:

              > Sorry, a line got deleted when I was formatting. Should look like:
              >
              > Open GSAK
              > Select Waypoint Menu
              > Select "Custom Data"
              > Click the "Fields" button
              > Click "+ Add" button
              >
              > Use these settings:
              >
              > Field Name = Place
              > Type = String
              > "Edit box" leave "Standard" checked
              > Scope = select All Databases
              > Sequence = 10
              >
              > Click OK
              >
              > Next, you will need to add "Place" to your display, but doing the following:
              >
              > Go to the "Tools" menu
              > Select "Options"
              > Click on the "Display" tab
              > You will see "Place" listed on the left hand side in the "Custom data
              > fields" box.
              > Check this box.

            • Paul Albers
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
                I use the CheckCounties macro by lignumaqua, which can be downloaded
                here:

                http://gsak.net/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=181914

                The thread that talks a little about it and it's history is here:

                http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=8588&view=findpost&p=181914

                Other use the CountryStateCounty macro found in this thread:

                http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=10074&st=0&#entry65322

                Best Regards,

                -paul
                HiDude_98