Re: Help with event in June

  • lizeebie
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 11, 2013
      If this is the same guy, and I think it might be...I've suggested the food trucks at 4th and Lavaca. I also suggested the original event site of Sholz's, but that is at the far reaches of the distance he gave me.

      Liz
      Lizeebie

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bigguy9211116" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

      > Howdy,
      > I am writing for some help. A geocacher from out of town is coming to Austin to attend a convention in June and is looking for a place to hold an event.
      >
      > I said I would try to help them find a location but I am not very familiar with the area where they will be. I am hoping that someone (or several) who is more "downtown" savvy than I am can help. Here are the perimeters;
      >
      > Time: Monday, June 10 - late afternoon, early evening
      >
      > Place: walking distance from the Austin Hilton
      >
      > Other: needs to serve some kind of food
      >

      > If you know of a good place, please post here.
      > Thanks in advance for your help,
      >
      > Esther
      > aka Bigguy in Texas
      >
      > Howdy again,
      > The above post was written a few days ago but I posted it on what I thought was the main page and it seems I posted it on a string of notes on another subject....no wonder I got so few results. So I post the question again. Here is a list of the places that MCP, egsg, and FiedoGang sent along;
      >
      > Freebirds
      > Habana Restaurant
      > Easy Tiger
      > Moonshine
      > Ironworks
      > Stubbs
      >
      > I think that Habana and Freebirds might be too far south from the Hilton but I will send them along anyway.

    • alex
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 12, 2013
        He's a geocacher. Can't imagine walking to Sholz's would be a problem.

        Alex (Slytherin)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lizeebie" <lizeebie@...> wrote:

        > If this is the same guy, and I think it might be...I've suggested the food trucks at 4th and Lavaca. I also suggested the original event site of Sholz's, but that is at the far reaches of the distance he gave me.
        >
        > Liz
        > Lizeebie
      • bigguy9211116
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 14, 2013
          Howdy Everyone!

          I wanted to thank everyone for their input on this topic. The final list was filled with a nice variety of great places for them to choose from. Keep your eyes open for a chance to meet some out of town cachers in June!

          With thanks,
          Esther/BGTx