Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: TXGA President

  • Brent Kitchens
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2013
      First and foremost I want to thank Team Dnd Racing for the hard work they have completed for the last two years.  They took the TXGA from a position of which it was barely surviving to one where it is coming back.  They have done some great work on the Texas Challenge and have helped avoid a major pitfall with the TPWD.
      However, I feel that I could expand on their leadership and take the TXGA to a new high.  My experience in leadership starts at my job.  I have helped in revamping our IT department and merge it with the vast knowledge of IBM.  While doing this my company saved an estimated 2.5 million annually and kept each and every employee.   While in college I founded, with the help of a group of 9 other gentleman,  a fraternity that had grown to as large as 48 members at my alma mater OSU.  We strived on our community outreach with Habitat for Humanity and our brotherhood.
      My geocaching ideas are near endless as it shows with my hides and unique ideas.  I held a huge WWFM at the Sam Houston Statue last June and had near 100 attend.  I created a new monthly lunch event   that seems to never stop growing, with average of over 30 each event.  I recently taught a geocaching class at Jones State Forest and was able to teach 12 new individuals the basics of geocaching.
      If I could sum up what I want to do for the TXGA it would be the following.
      To create a fun and exciting association that not only educates with geocaching, but also has a blast doing it.  To do this I feel communication and better benefits are the keys to success.

      Thank you for your time,
      Brent Kitchens
      Log Dawgs