Spring break 'caching

  • A
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2013
      My teenager and I are considering a day trip from Austin to do some geocaching next week. Does anyone with older kids want to meet up?
    • J Crozier
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2013
        Hi There,
        Good information to include when posting for a caching partner might include what your caching name is, whether you're a man or a woman, what part of town you live in and where you're interested in possibly caching.  Your posting shows up in my mail as the from the initial A and that's all I know about you.  I'll bet you get some takers if you give us more info!
        Cheers,
        Julie
        Mrs. Captain Picard (it's always good to sign with both names)

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2013
          I thought about adding cacher ID (too late after hitting post). I posted it on the group to gauge interest but hesitate to add personal info about my family thinking of talking off line later but maybe not a good idea after all.
          Thanks anyway.
          Amy GS589

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 9, 2013
            Hi Amy,
            I don't think there's too much danger, since everyone is still online.  But I was thinking more from the respondent's point of view.  Would I just say yes, let's go, to a post with no name attached to it?  I'd want to go check out their profile, see if they're a legitimate cacher, see how many finds they have, which might tell me what "size" of caching trip they were interested in, etc.

            I've had HUGE success putting out requests just like yours, so I don't want to discourage you!  Another way to make connections is at an event.  Good luck!

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 9, 2013
              And there is an event today in Austin:

              http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2a62fa6a-8f06-4de1-adc6-f009887ddd6f

              Russ the Waterweasel

              I don't think there's too much danger, since everyone is still online.  But I was thinking more from the respondent's point of view.  Would I just say yes, let's go, to a post with no name attached to it?  I'd want to go check out their profile, see if they're a legitimate cacher, see how many finds they have, which might tell me what "size" of caching trip they were interested in, etc.

              I've had HUGE success putting out requests just like yours, so I don't want to discourage you!  Another way to make connections is at an event.  Good luck!

              Cheers,

              On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM, A <barneycats@...> wrote:

              I thought about adding cacher ID (too late after hitting post). I posted it on the group to gauge interest but hesitate to add personal info about my family thinking of talking off line later but maybe not a good idea after all.
              Thanks anyway.
              Amy GS589

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, J Crozier <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

              > Hi There,
              > Good information to include when posting for a caching partner might
              > include what your caching name is, whether you're a man or a woman, what
              > part of town you live in and where you're interested in possibly caching.
              > Your posting shows up in my mail as the from the initial A and that's all
              > I know about you. I'll bet you get some takers if you give us more info!
              > Cheers,
              > Julie
              > Mrs. Captain Picard (it's always good to sign with both names)
              >

              > On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM, A <barneycats@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **

              > > My teenager and I are considering a day trip from Austin to do some
              > > geocaching next week. Does anyone with older kids want to meet up?

            • Vicki L. Almstrum
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 9, 2013
                Actually there are multiple events today in and around Austin! Here is one that FiedoGang is hosting this afternoon:

                (Can't believe how much overlap we ended up with for events today! An example where synchronicity is not necessarily a good thing ...)

                -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang, with her own teen sometimes cacher)

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 9, 2013
                  Note that this is the one that I was trying to link to.  The link, for some odd reason, went to another event that IS NOT today.

                  Russ the Waterweasel