Re: Alert - Basura Bash 2013 (GC44Y9Q)

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
      I've been working the Basura Bash for a few years now and I'm on its planning committee. For the past 4 years CADrake and I have and been sending out the volunteers and collecting the garbage and recyclables at the northern end of the Leon Creek Greenway (at Babcock, Buddy Calk Trailhead to be specific). Our area was one of 3 along a 12 mile stretch that had rolloffs for the trash. At the end of the day, we had a 40 foot rolloff full of trash, about 60 tires, and some metal. Most of the metal would fit in the back of a truck, with the excption of the early 70's Datsun station wagon.

      Wondering if there is a similar event in Austin? If not, there should be.

      EWB - Tom
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
        Good work.
        Makes me sad about people, though... (thems that dump, not thems that clean)
        BarbJ/Tygress

        I've been working the Basura Bash for a few years now and I'm on its planning committee.  For the past 4 years CADrake and I have and been sending out the volunteers and collecting the garbage and recyclables at the northern end of the Leon Creek Greenway (at Babcock, Buddy Calk Trailhead to be specific).  Our area was one of 3 along a 12 mile stretch that had rolloffs for the trash.  At the end of the day, we had a 40 foot rolloff full of trash, about 60 tires, and some metal.  Most of the metal would fit in the back of a truck, with the excption of the early 70's Datsun station wagon.

        Wondering if there is a similar event in Austin?  If not, there should be.

        EWB - Tom

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        Woman is 53 But Looks 25
        53/YO Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
        ConsumerLifestyleMag.com