Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Alert - Basura Bash 2013 (GC44Y9Q)

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2013
      It helps to forward the events -- nice reminder.
      Only critique is that you might have noted the Basura Bash is in San Antonio... helps when blasting through a lot of emails to NOT have to go to a 2nd website. [Yeah, my inbox is WAY too busy. But it can't be the only one.]
      BarbJ/Tygress

      From: Greg Jewett <geojewett@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:35:16 -0600

      February 23, 2013 08:30 AM : Basura Bash 2013 (GC44Y9Q)

      we will meet people from the city at 0830 and find the caches as we pick up trash... at his site they want people to wear long pants and sleeves... bring gloves, water and grabbers if you have them... After we finish we will head over to Seabees lunch event...

      Greg Jewett
      Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
      (512) 627-7290
      geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
      http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

      Woman is 53 But Looks 25
      ConsumerLifestyleMag.com

      Woman is 53 But Looks 25
      ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
    • electric_water_boy
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
        I've been working the Basura Bash for a few years now and I'm on its planning committee. For the past 4 years CADrake and I have and been sending out the volunteers and collecting the garbage and recyclables at the northern end of the Leon Creek Greenway (at Babcock, Buddy Calk Trailhead to be specific). Our area was one of 3 along a 12 mile stretch that had rolloffs for the trash. At the end of the day, we had a 40 foot rolloff full of trash, about 60 tires, and some metal. Most of the metal would fit in the back of a truck, with the excption of the early 70's Datsun station wagon.

        Wondering if there is a similar event in Austin? If not, there should be.

        EWB - Tom
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
          Good work.
          Makes me sad about people, though... (thems that dump, not thems that clean)
          BarbJ/Tygress

          I've been working the Basura Bash for a few years now and I'm on its planning committee.  For the past 4 years CADrake and I have and been sending out the volunteers and collecting the garbage and recyclables at the northern end of the Leon Creek Greenway (at Babcock, Buddy Calk Trailhead to be specific).  Our area was one of 3 along a 12 mile stretch that had rolloffs for the trash.  At the end of the day, we had a 40 foot rolloff full of trash, about 60 tires, and some metal.  Most of the metal would fit in the back of a truck, with the excption of the early 70's Datsun station wagon.

          Wondering if there is a similar event in Austin?  If not, there should be.

          EWB - Tom

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          Woman is 53 But Looks 25
          53/YO Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
          ConsumerLifestyleMag.com