Re: Houston Caches

  • gj289fia
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013
      If you're looking for unusual caches, take a look at caches hidden by Log Dawgs. Many (but not all) of them are unusual and creative. Most are in the vicinity of The Woodlands which may be a bit out of your normal range, but if you are in the vicinity, check them out. MCP's suggestion to use favorite points will help separate the run of the mill caches from his clever ones.

      Other hiders you might investigate are MuddyWaterGirl and Rathergohiking. Parkerplus has tons of caches, many poorly maintained, but they will often lead you to some of the strangest places in the Houston area. Check favorite points again. (Parkerplus is old and not in the best health, so don't be too critical of the condition of some of the hides).

      If hiking and hides in the woods and such are more to your liking, there are hundreds of hides in Bush park as well as the nearby Bear Creek park - good, bad and indifferent but they will give you a workout, especially the TEXAS Extraordinary Achievement Series.

      One other suggestion: If you're not already on the Houston Geocaching Society web site (hgcs.org), establish an account there and pose your question. You'll get plenty of responses.

      See you on the trails.

      Gary / Team Troglodyte

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "austin_joe1" <19joe84@...> wrote:

      > Anyone know of any good caches in Houston for me to check out today. I have done 5 in the Houston area so far and they have been pretty weak. Not maintained, same old containers and hides. And help pointing me to some cool fun ones would be appreciated. I am in the Katy area and near hwy 6 and the beltway currently.

    • Joe Doetsch
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013
        Thanks. Yea, I did 3 in bear creek and they were all water logged and just kinda in the open. Then just some not maintained LPC's so I wasn't sure if Houston in general was a bust or if I was just having bad luck in the area I was in.

        Thanks for everyone's input. I should have better luck the next time we go to my brother in laws.

        Joe

        Sent from my iPhone