Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: On a day honoring TOLERANCE :(

  • Amy Brooks
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 21, 2013
      The issue was that Zeppo said all the caches had to be found in 2013 and she didn't abide by zeppos rule of the cache.  Lots of people were watching (including myself) and honoring his challenge.  Tfbrown swooped in and grabbed the FTF by using caches found in previous years.

      Just frustrating when the 50+ people who were watching and playing by zeppos rules for this cache lost out in the FTF because tfbrown went by ground speak rules.

      He cleaned out the log because it was getting messy and he didn't want it to be a forum of complaining.  I don't think he's trying to sweep it under the rug - just trying to get the cache back on track to be fun and challenging as intended

      He also said if it gets archived then oh well

      It is just a game

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 21, 2013, at 3:21 PM, Gary Eckhardt <garynewsmail@...> wrote:

      When I go to that listing now, I don’t see any posts at all other than the “Publish Listing” item.   Maybe Zeppo cleared them all out?   If anyone has a copy of them I’d like to see them and report the whole thing to Groundspeak.   Was the issue that people weren’t going to be getting pathtags?

      Anyhow, don’t let a bunch of idiots take any joy or comfort from you that Geocaching gives.   It’s amazing how upset and vicious people can be when they have the anonymity of a computer and internet.    Know that 99% of the Geocachers out there are like the ones that you have come to know and love.     The main thing is that you continue doing the activity that you enjoy, and that has helped you so much.     Spectrum issues are tough, and you have already started to conquer them.   Don’t let this push you back!

      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 22, 2013

        This is my last post in this thread for the sake of ending this debacle. Sorry, I've got a lot going on in my life right now so I'm limited on time in which I can respond.

        CO started off just stating that the requirements had not been met but then went back and chimed in their own two cents about two times with everyone else. It was not as belittling as what others had been saying, but it was negative and hurtful as well.

        The last post anyone made before I posted a need archive was about how there were 52ish people watching the cache and that Toni should really be careful about how she 'is antagonizing NTX and trying to force them to cache her way."

        And the only opinion I will offer to this now... good. The best way to move past this in the first way is to do the fair thing, prevent further debate over it, align to what Groundspeak says, and if that means archive the cache, do so.

        On Jan 22, 2013 7:07 PM, "GrnBeret2B" <grn.beret.2b@...> wrote:

        Can someone please point me to yahoogroups functionality, should it exist, that allows me to unsubscribe from a single thread so that I don't have to continue receiving emails that consist of little more than internet arguments (I quit moderating F2P MMO forums for a reason....), but can still receive the emails that contain the quality posts that I know the members of this group are capable of making?

        TIA!

        ~~Nathaniel
        a.k.a. GrnBeret2B

        On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Wade Mercer <wade1@...> wrote:

        Well I guess y'all got your wish and the challenge cache has been archived. I hope y'all feel some vindication with your "victory". Apparently Tori's log has been restated too even though she did not complete the challenge.

        What a sad turn of events. It's sad that a group of cachers made such a big deal out of this one simply because their caches with dates restrictions were not approved. This seems to be the real issue.

        As far as I am concerned Tori's log is not valid. It wasn't logged with respect to what the cache was intended or approved. From the messages I have received outside of this list there's lots I could say with respect to this, but it would serve no purpose here.

        Again, congratulations in winning. Apparently its what y'all wanted. Unfortunately it's a loss for the caching community, but I don't think that is, or ever was, a concern.

        Just my two cents worth.

        Wade