RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Introduce Myself at an Event?

  • Jay Bingham
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2013

      Barb,

      Now that I think about it some more there is a dusty old memory way back in the corner of a long forgotten shelf that seems to be saying something about needing to opt in to receiving these missives.

      I could go look but I am busy fighting other alligators.

      --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

      From: Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...>
      To: < CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com >
      Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:15:31 -0600

      Barb,

      Your message has left me confused, you say that you have to be a premium member to get the weekly newsie (I assume you mean the one from groundspeak like the one I received today with the subject “Celebrate the Geocaching Community's Volunteers” see attachment). My confusion arises from the fact that I have received this missive every week since I registered on the site as a free member back in 2009.

      Premium members have perks (like getting email notices of newly published caches) which the rest of us lowly free members don’t get but I don’t think the weekly newsletter is one of the perks of premium membership.

      --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX

      From: "austin_joe1" <19joe84@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Introduce Myself
      Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:39:18 -0000

      Thanks for the welcome. How exactly does the event work and yours in particular? We are clueless.

      Joe

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com , Bill Ellis  wrote:

      > Welcome!
      >
      >  I will Ditto what Russ and Shawn have already said.
      >
      > Events are a great way to meet others in the obsess...er hobby ;)
      > In fact I am hosting one in a couple weeks on Jan. 26th:
      >
      > GC3EB30
      >
      > You would be most welcomed to attend.
      >
      > Bill - ZionZR2
      >

      > On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM, austin_joe1 <19joe84@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joe and I live in
      > > Pflugerville and just recently discovered Geocaching. I love it a lot
      but
      > > feel my wife and I are way behind in discovering this. We have been
      caching
      > > since 1/1/13 and have found 13 so far. Feel free to get in touch and
      I look
      > > forward to meeting everyone. My handle on Geocaching.com is Austin
      Joe for
      > > anyone that would like to friend me.
      > >
      > > Thanks!!
      > >

      > --
      > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
      > Bill
      > a.k.a ZionZR2
      > 512-789-1469
      > <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

      Woman is 53 But Looks 25
      ConsumerLifestyleMag.com

      One Trick to Stay Asleep
      If you struggle to fall asleep, or stay asleep, try this…
      peaklife.com