One place CenTex will definitely need more help

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2013
      One place we'll definitely need more help this year is with loading the GPSrs. The Foods tell me they will be there if everything aligns right. Cheryl - CADrake won't be. So the only for sure loader right now is me and and I'm working with a laptop that has a lot of issues right now and is slower than a 3 legged turlte with arthritis.

      Here's how loading works - we get a USB drive. We download the file to whoever brought computers. We then either use GSAK to send it to the GPSrs or send the files directly to the GPSrs. For those using telephones - I have no idea. That's a Foods thing, and if they can't go last minute then those on phones right now may be in trouble. I just don't know phones because I've never cached with a phone.

      Of course I'd love to have a few puzzle solvers, and frankly I'd rather be working on puzzles than loading GPSrs.

      There shouold be some events coming to Austin on Feb 9 that we can talk about a lot of this stuff. We should schedule a strategy meeting some time after that.

      EWB - Tom
    • bushman_family
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2013
        There has to be a techie out there somewhere who can help. Wish databaseexpert was closer.