Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Introduce Myself

  • s6sputnik
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 14, 2013
      I would like to second Russ' welcome!

      Cheers,

      Shawn/S6Sputnik

      In a message dated 1/14/2013 2:09:50 P.M. Central Standard Time, waterweasel@... writes:

      Hi Austin Joe and welcome to our obsess . . . uh, hobby.  One thing that is probably not very obvious to a new cacher is what the heck is an event?  Events are gatherings of geocachers and attendance counts as a find.  Everyone is welcome, so the next time there is a local one, come and join us if you can.

      Russ the Waterweasel

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 14, 2013
        I'm in Fort Worth, so if you all head up this way, let me know.  Nancy(nanblocker).

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 14, 2013
          Welcome!

           I will Ditto what Russ and Shawn have already said.

          Events are a great way to meet others in the obsess...er hobby ;)
          In fact I am hosting one in a couple weeks on Jan. 26th:

          GC3EB30

          You would be most welcomed to attend.

          Bill - ZionZR2

          --
          ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
          Bill
          a.k.a ZionZR2
          512-789-1469
          <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
        • J Crozier
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 14, 2013
            Hi Joe!
            This group assimilates new cachers like no other, so don't feel shy about coming to your first event.  If you've found a geocache, we have something in common!
            See you there,

            On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM, austin_joe1 <19joe84@...> wrote:

            Hello,

            I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joe and I live in Pflugerville and just recently discovered Geocaching. I love it a lot but feel my wife and I are way behind in discovering this. We have been caching since 1/1/13 and have found 13 so far. Feel free to get in touch and I look forward to meeting everyone. My handle on Geocaching.com is Austin Joe for anyone that would like to friend me.

            Thanks!!

          • Greg Jewett
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 15, 2013
              Welcome Joe!

              I too am in Pflugerville and love to geocache as well.  I start March 2011 and have not stopped - loving it!
              Maybe we can meet up sometime and do some caching!    Where in Pf are you?

              Greg Jewett
              Geocache/Munzee Handle:  GeoJewett
              (512) 627-7290
              geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
              http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
              http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
              http://www.munzee.com/m/GeoJewett/

              On Jan 14, 2013, at 12:39 PM, austin_joe1 wrote:

              Hello,

              I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joe and I live in Pflugerville and just recently discovered Geocaching. I love it a lot but feel my wife and I are way behind in discovering this. We have been caching since 1/1/13 and have found 13 so far. Feel free to get in touch and I look forward to meeting everyone. My handle on Geocaching.com is Austin Joe for anyone that would like to friend me.

              Thanks!!

            • austin_joe1
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 15, 2013
                Thanks for the warm welcome. My wife, son and I have started together. My wife's handle is pvilledani. We live between 1825 and grand ave in Windermere. We r super close to that anniversary cache near the pflugerville sign that was pretty hard. We would love to get together sometime. We need all the pointers we can get. Lol.

                Joe
                512-853-0080
                Austinjoe@...

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett wrote:

                > Welcome Joe!
                >
                > I too am in Pflugerville and love to geocache as well. I start March 2011 and have not stopped - loving it!
                > Maybe we can meet up sometime and do some caching! Where in Pf are you?
                >

                > Greg Jewett
                > Geocache/Munzee Handle: GeoJewett
                > (512) 627-7290
                > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                > http://www.munzee.com/m/GeoJewett/
                > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree
                >

                > On Jan 14, 2013, at 12:39 PM, austin_joe1 wrote:
                >
                > > Hello,
                > >
                > > I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joe and I live in Pflugerville and just recently discovered Geocaching. I love it a lot but feel my wife and I are way behind in discovering this. We have been caching since 1/1/13 and have found 13 so far. Feel free to get in touch and I look forward to meeting everyone. My handle on Geocaching.com is Austin Joe for anyone that would like to friend me.
                > >
                > > Thanks!!

              • austin_joe1
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 15, 2013
                  Thanks for the welcome. Yea, we are clueless on how the events work. We found one of your wooden tokens in the cache me if you can cache in pflugerville. Is Tygress your wife?
                • austin_joe1
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 15, 2013
                    Thanks :)
                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, shawnolsen@... wrote:

                    > I would like to second Russ' welcome!
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    >
                    > Shawn/S6Sputnik
                    >

                    > In a message dated 1/14/2013 2:09:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,
                    > waterweasel@... writes:
                    >

                    > Hi Austin Joe and welcome to our obsess . . . uh, hobby. One thing that
                    > is probably not very obvious to a new cacher is what the heck is an event?
                    > Events are gatherings of geocachers and attendance counts as a find.
                    > Everyone is welcome, so the next time there is a local one, come and join us if
                    > you can.
                    >

                    > Russ the Waterweasel

                  • austin_joe1
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 15, 2013
                      Thanks for the welcome. How exactly does the event work and yours in particular? We are clueless.

                      Joe

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Ellis wrote:

                      > Welcome!
                      >
                      > I will Ditto what Russ and Shawn have already said.
                      >
                      > Events are a great way to meet others in the obsess...er hobby ;)
                      > In fact I am hosting one in a couple weeks on Jan. 26th:
                      >
                      > GC3EB30
                      >
                      > You would be most welcomed to attend.
                      >
                      > Bill - ZionZR2
                      >

                      > On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM, austin_joe1 <19joe84@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > Hello,
                      > >
                      > > I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joe and I live in
                      > > Pflugerville and just recently discovered Geocaching. I love it a lot but
                      > > feel my wife and I are way behind in discovering this. We have been caching
                      > > since 1/1/13 and have found 13 so far. Feel free to get in touch and I look
                      > > forward to meeting everyone. My handle on Geocaching.com is Austin Joe for
                      > > anyone that would like to friend me.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks!!
                      > >

                      > --
                      > ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                      > Bill
                      > a.k.a ZionZR2
                      > 512-789-1469

                    • austin_joe1
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 15, 2013
                        Thanks Julie!!

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 15, 2013
                          Yep, Tygress is my wife.  And also the artist for the wooden nickle, many of the local pathtags, and some geocoins.

                          Best,

                          Russ the Waterweasel