Re: Texas Challenge 2014

  • austin_joe1
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 14, 2013
      I am new to the group and geocaching in general but I would like to help if you would like me too. I am a Professional Photographer so if those services are needed, just let me know. I can also help hiding, planning or whatever.

      Have you thought about Krause Springs? Not too busy, close to Austin (30 miles away in Spicewood) and its privately owned with not as many visitors. Over 100 acres in size with primitive and RV camping. It is a very cool spot, no one has mentioned it so thought I would throw it out there.

      My geocaching handle is Austin Joe

      - Joe Doetsch

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Rachele DiTullio wrote:

      > I'm willing to help; as this year will be my first time attending the Texas
      > Challenge, I am not sure how best I CAN help though :)
      >
      > My suggestion is a state park like Bastrop (really pretty even with the
      > burned trees), Buescher, McKinney Falls, Pedernales or Enchanted Rock. All
      > of these are within reasonable distance to lodging for those who don't want
      > to camp and have camping facilities. Additionally, they are all close
      > enough to drive to and from for Austin-area folks who don't want to have to
      > camp or stay in a hotel. TPWD is really into geocaching so they might be
      > cool about working with us.
      >
      > -Rachele (strontium87)

    • Dave Marquardt
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 28, 2013
        Thanks!

        On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Kevin (KoosKoos) <centexgeocaching@...> wrote:

        I don't see it coming up in any searches either, but you can go straight to it:

        BTW, all of the messages are public.  I'm not a member, but can read everything going on.  You might want to change that if you're going to discuss anything you don't want the masses seeing until you release information.

        Kevin
        KoosKoos